2014 increase in Memorial Partakers to 14,121

by jwfacts 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Scully
    Scully

@ ADCMS

I believe the GB's opinion is every JW is mentally diseased... except the grand 7 who sit in their ivory tower. It's not limited only to those who've left.

Of course they don't want to state that outright. Some people might get offended and leave / stop putting money in the Contribution Boxes™. And then there's the possibility that the recent "do as we say, even if it makes no sense" directive is tied in with this belief/hope that Active™ JWs will be ready to make The Great Tribulation™/ Armageddon™ happen by instructing JWs to start smiting Apostates™ or anyone who refuses to listen to their Good News™.

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

Thanks Paul.

About two thirds of the way down, there is a paragraph that states:

As of 2010, it is 75 years since the calling was said to have closed...and so the youngest anointed from 1935 are now already 90

Could this be updated to; As of 2015, it is 80 years since the calling was said to have closed...and so the youngest anointed from 1935 are now already 95

It brings the article nicely up to date.

• hardtobeme
    hardtobeme
    Governing Body, bring out whatever "new light" you got. Don't know if I would be able to swallow that kool aid.
  • Trailer Park Pioneer
    Trailer Park Pioneer
    How many years did you eagerly wait the Anointed members of Christ to die so the End would draw near? That's what I was taught, we were taught the Anointed would be all but extinct before Jesus Christ came back. The rate of growth is showing we are heading the opposite direction, the End is actually moving further out in time because more people are taking part of the lord's Evening Meal. That's how I was taught, were you taught a different meaning of why the Anointed would shrink before Jehovah's Day of Anger?
  • nicolaou
    nicolaou

I can see only one reason why the GB have allowed this to happen. Back in 2007 they made a pragmatic decision to increase the pool of 'anointed' men that could be promoted to serve in the future.

We all remember the many, many years of fewer than 10,000 anointed. Subtract the women, the non-english speakers, the senile, infirm and those unwilling to relocate and it becomes obvious that unless the R&F were to tolerate 'regular Joe' other sheep as their Governing Body that something had to be done.

They've done it. This was no mistake.

• steve2
    steve2

It is instructive that, in earlier decades, those claiming a heavenly hope were referred to in the organization as "the remnant", meaning the few remaining ones with the heavenly hope still alive on earth. The emphasis was on their tiny number relative to those who'd already passed to heavenly life in earlier centuries.

The above tallies show that from the 19th century through the first fifteen years of the 21st alone,  upwards of 90,000 to 100,000 plus have claimed such a hope within the organization.

If this does not expose the preposterously literal view on the 144,000 from Revelation, nothing will. As with religious beliefs far and wide, common sense, logic and evidence are annoying facts that are nicely ignored by superstitious la-la-las. 

• Trailer Park Pioneer
    Trailer Park Pioneer

How many years did you eagerly wait the Anointed members of Christ to die so the End would draw near?  That's what I was taught, we were taught the Anointed would be all but extinct before Jesus Christ came back.  The rate of growth is showing we are heading the opposite direction, the End is actually moving further out in time because more people are taking part of the lord's Evening Meal.  That's how I was taught, were you taught a different meaning of why the Anointed would shrink before Jehovah's Day of Anger?

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

Steve2:

That's exactly right. Whatever happened to the remnant? How many times did we hear "the remnant and the other sheep"?

Since when does a remnant increase repeatedly year after year? It's hilarious.

Remnant defined: a small remaining quantity of something.

synonyms:remainsremainder, leftovers, residuerest
    technicalresiduum
    "the remnants of the picnic"

• sir82
    sir82

The above tallies show that from the 19th century through the first fifteen years of the 21st alone,  upwards of 90,000 to 100,000 plus have claimed such a hope within the organization.

If this does not expose the preposterously literal view on the 144,000 from Revelation, nothing will.

But the WTS has its "get out of jail free" card - it can simply claim that the vast majority of all those thousands of "anointed" were mentally ill, or not "really" anointed, or whatever reason they want to come up with.

It's quite easy to disparage the dead. Heck, for the WTS, it's quite easy to disparage the living.

• sir82
    sir82

Back in 2007 they made a pragmatic decision to increase the pool of 'anointed' men that could be promoted to serve in the future.

Exactly so.

And Sanderson is the "firstfruits" of what will become GB version 3.0. He's still not yet 50 years old!

If the GB is smart () they'd pick some African and/or Hispanic "young anointed" for the next round of "hires" - that's where the JW growth is coming from.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit