2014 increase in Memorial Partakers to 14,121

by jwfacts 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

V's Watchtower Comments showing beginning of increase after 2007 change ... this was done in 2009, it certainly would be great if he did an update.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skppA3KzWbk

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

@ JWLeaks: And they have the audacity to call former members "mentally diseased".

In reality, I believe the GB's opinion is every JW is mentally diseased... except the grand 7 who sit in their ivory tower. It's not limited only to those who've left.

The GB just haven't had the chutzpah to come right out and say it directly... yet.

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

The funniest thing about all of this?

They all just accept it and move forward......as if they haven't been preaching the "last days" for over a century....... like 'oops....oh well, so we told people to get baptized or die.....no big deal......what's for lunch?"

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

little-Socrates, I would estimate that there has been over 144,000 Watchtower/JW partakers. 

In 1925 there were . About 60% of these people left when 1925 did not eventuate. 

90,434 in 1925" 
    Watchtower 1960 May 1 p.282

In 1935, when the doctrine changed, there were 52,000 partakers. 

"Year ...... Att. ...... Part. 
    1935 ...... 63,146 ... 52,465
    Jehovah's Witnesses - Proclaimers of God's Kingdom p.717

In 2014, there were 14,121.

Therefore 54260 (60% of 90434) plus 52,465, plus 14121 already equals 120846. That does not count all the partakers from the 1800's, and the ones between 1935 and 2014 that were not included in any of these figures and have already died.

• prologos
    prologos

partaker have not thought this through. 

Does not Rev. 20 link the "ruling with Christ for a 100 years" with martyrdom? so

to be truly sealed you have to both partake and part with your head. Second thoughts anyone?  

• jw07
    jw07

@wannabefree - Great find, the Watchtower Comments channel is pretty good. Any idea why there are no new videos though? 

• hardtobeme
    hardtobeme
    14,121 plus the ones they don't count...
  • JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

hardtobeme you may have a point. 

It wouldn't surprise me if the actual figure of partakers is higher than 14,121!

The reason why I say that is because back in 2012 we had a cocky, SOB of a visiting speaker who told the brothers who were passing out the emblems and taking the count of partakers in our group that if the brothers doubted at all the worthiness of anyone (if a partaker was inactive, df'd, or otherwise an unknown) to discount and/or not include him/her in the count of partakers.  If those were actual instructions from WT given to all memorial speakers giving talks at the 110,000+ congregations world-wide then you can imagine how many more partakers there actually can be.  Who knows the number of partakers might very well be closer to 20,000!!!  

• processor
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

w02 7/1 p. 19 par. 16 Jehovah’s Glory Shines on His People 

"He says to Zion: "The little one himself will become a thousand, and the small one a mighty nation. I myself, Jehovah, shall speed it up in its own time."The "little one" is allegedly the heavenly-hopers, which evolves into a mighty nation.
    So exactly what is this "nation" which the article goes on to beef up by including the "other sheep"?The very last sentence in the article tells us that it is the Israel of God! Oh oh, - hey Tony, Gerrit, David, etc., could you please get together with your Writing Committee and concoct a "new light" which "clarifies our understanding" - revealing how the 2nd class "other sheep" are actually included in the Israel of God!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit