If Someone Goes To The Memorial It's A Huge Deal! Do You Know Why???

by minimus 28 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I believe that if a non regular meeting attender shows up for at least the Memorial "celebration", it's a sign, that possibly, the person is saveable. Not all hope is lost for them.

I heard that last year, the rumour was that I was going to show up and sit with my mother....(of course, that never happened).

So, if you attended or if your family member or wayward friend showed up, they might have a chance for everlasting (earthly) life, after all!

• clearpoison
    clearpoison

Have you heard about the steps those trying to reach soberness take for example in AA. The first step is always the most significant. The same applies here.

CP

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

They read into things the way their cult training tells them to.

Show up at a memorial and it does more than say, "He's saveable." It also says, "Deep down, he know's we have the truth."

That's why I don't see any reason to bother doing this for relatives that will speak to you anyway, or relatives that won't speak to you anyway. Of course, there are various former JW's out there that feel they must do this to maintain family relations, and some of them are correct. But if it doesn't matter anyway, consider skipping next year's event.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

"... It also says, "Deep down, he know's we have the truth."

one of the reasons why I will never attend a memoral again.

• Bella15
    Bella15

Yes, they think that by that only "ACT" "WORK" you may be even spared from armageddon, there it is hope ... not biblical hope thou.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

My mother always used to brag about how many were in attendance at the memorial. Then I started asking her what's the big deal, they don't show up for the rest of the meetings, to which she obviously lied and said "some of them do" . . . yeah right. Then miracoulously she stopped telling me how many showed up . . . !

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

OTWO - exactly. The "Deep down, he/she knows we have the truth" is why I will never attend.

It's the line I've heard countless times when they discuss the millions who attend. JWs take memorial attendance as acknowledging that they are right. It's a huge deal to them, for sure.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I think some do turn up because they believe deep down it is the truth, so there may be a chance such a poor benighted individual would embrace the whole thing again.

What I think would astound the JW's is if they knew just how many who go to just the Mem. and perhaps the odd meeting, actually know TTATT and only go for reasons of familial love etc.

• MsGrowingGirl20
    MsGrowingGirl20

"Deep down, he/she knows we have the truth" is exactly why i didn't go this year

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I didn't go because I had no desire to. And thought it was yesterday. And I was out of town. And I utterly do not in the least bit care.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit