If Someone Goes To The Memorial It's A Huge Deal! Do You Know Why???

by minimus 28 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    It also says, "Deep down, he know's we have the truth.".....OTWO

I can`t count how many times I`ve heard that..

When JW`s at my door found out I had JW family..

They said : " You Know it`s The Truth."

I said :"No it`s Bullsh*t"..LOL!!..

I love the Confused Look I get from JW`s,everytime I say that..

.......................... photo mutley-ani1.gif ... OUTLAW

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I realized that years ago thats why I haven't attended in 30 years.

Don't put fuel into fire that you don't really want to start !

The memorial celebration or whatever you to call it by the JWs by all perceived realization, is an adulterated event created specifically by the WTS.

• heathen
    heathen

the R&F are now the domestics so the requirement is more important ... I went just to see if there were any changes in the way they present the emblems or any new dogma about it .. The elder gave the sermon was an ," anointed", he made sure everyone watched as he did the partaking by sitting there and waving his had for the attendant to give him his platter of motza sticks ... At least I saw what was going on . I think it loses it's symbolism if not a loaf of unleaven bread . Any way I leave just after that to beat the traffic so I don't have answer the questions ,of do you want a study again ? I thought the full moon was on wednesday night anyway ....

• minimus
    minimus

Funny, I never heard that remark about having the truth.

This is why this forum is so good. It gives you different vantage points and different perspectives.

• Balaamsass
  • vajeni82
    vajeni82

I found it amazing that my parents fully expected me to attend the memorial after I left the JWs, especially considering the circumstances of my departure! All I could do was laugh when my mom actually called to let me know that I needed to make arrangements with the courts to have the protection orders against my dad and ex suspended for the night. (That's a long story you can read in my intro. post if you are so inclined). She just assumend I'd be there. The next few years, she sent me invites, but then stopped. I had myself put on the do-not-call list in the town I moved to, so I don't get invited anymore. :(

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Once you attend the REJECT Astaroth Party, you allow the hounders the chance to hound you for another boasting session. Usually, they will do just that and keep pestering you until you give in at least for the "special(??)" talk. From there, it is back to all the boasting sessions, then field circus, then pious-sneering. Anyone wonder why the "special(??)" talk is generally the week after the REJECT Astaroth Party?

• minimus
    minimus

wiz....u need a translator again.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Good thread Min, the primary reason for most of us who don't go(after Outlaw's all encompassing one) is that it sticks our loved oneds who are in even more firmly in the mire.

I would hate anyone to think that "deep down Phizzy still believes it is the truth", I'm with Outlaw, it is ALL BULL***T !

Just a question, off topic, has anyone got more posts than you on here Min ?

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I think it depends from what perspective your question is asked and the person who responds.

some may conclude that those who attend hope to be saved by keeping one foot in.

others may conclude that those who attend deep down know it to be the truth.

others may conclude something totally different.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit