New member says hey

by jay dubless 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Welcome. Glad you're here with us.

• whathappened
    whathappened

Welcome and I love your screen name also, very clever.

I am 59 and was baptized in 1971. I know all too well the 1975 Armageddon scare.

Perhaps this latest July 15 2013 Watchtower fiasco will open your brothers eyes. If you haven't heard about it yet go to jw survey and read all about the "new light.". There is also a thread about it on this site.

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

Welcome Jay, I hope someday you will have a relationship with your brother again.

• flipper
    flipper

JAY DUBLESS- Thanks for sharing your story and a big welcome to the board ! Man, I'll tell ya, I'm like you in that I have developed much stronger friendships with ex-JWs than I ever had with my older JW elder brother. It's like this after we stop attending- people we thought were our friends never really were and people we never thought we'd talk to when we used to be Witnesses become our best friends ever ! It sounds like you've informed yourself by reading and thats really good. Look forward to your takes and insights here. You are among friends here. We'll support you

• happy@last
    happy@last

Welcome here, glad you shared your background with us. It's amazing how after years of communication your brother decides to stop, when you've never changed. It sounds very interesting, the NDE, my sceptical brain is intrigued!

• Twitch
    Twitch

yo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit