New member says hey

by jay dubless 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome to the forum.

I love your name.

I remember the 1975 stuff also. I was a newly baptised person....in fact the young woman who studied with my husband and I had told us in 1973 that the world only had about two more years, putting an urgency to our study! She was a lovely person...such a model JW...married a very nice young man, who went on to become an elder, and has been now for many years. What is really interesting is that I discovered a couple of years ago that one of our fellow posters here is their son!

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Welcome!!!!

• mind blown
  • Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

welcome!

• poppers
    poppers

Hi jay dubless - you have a private message. Click on the little envelope next to your name in the upper right corner of the screen. It will take several attempts before you can access it. Use the "back" and try again until it shows.

Welcome to the board,

poppers

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Welcome jay dubless, I'm glad that you were able to awaken so young in your life. Too bad many JWs won't like your brother.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

Welcome! Carpe Diem!

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

WELCOME!!!!!!

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Yep...It's often a mistake to try and enlighten a JDub especially one who has been in a long time. It's too frightening to face the flaws in the thing that anesthetizes you and provides enough of a distraction and a big enough time filler so you can deal (or not deal)with life's unknowns. One has to be ready to face such a thing in ones own time and way. Perhaps you can remember how scary it was when you were at that point way back when. All the superstitious thoughts about the fate of those who leave the org. still swirling around In you head. It's easier for them to punish you than to face that reality. Sometimes the sugarcoating of the organizations mistaks is a big part of making it as a Witness. With my older brother, I've found that it's best to let him ask me questions and only give vague answers or side comments that make him think about things on his own. We are only 18 mos. apart in age. Not long ago he made a comment about age and getting older. I said jokingly " yeah...weren't we supposed to be perfect by now? Ha ha . I could see he saw the humor but I could see that he was thinking more about why the end never came when they said it would.

Enjoyable post and interesting links....welcome!

• Slavenomore
    Slavenomore

I'm new here too but what the hell welcome aboard!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit