in limbo.

by Captain Blithering 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

yo homies.

LTR FTP (long time, first time etc.)

I don't really know where to start, but I guess you've all been here before so you'll know where I'm coming from.

Ex-elder, took myself off a few years ago, lots of doubts, not much brain.

Been reading on here for couple of years VERY intermittently, usually when a google search on a scripture showed up a result in these forums. But for the last few months avidly.

Doubts? Man made rules that are at best very tenuously scriptural. Rev book regarding trumpet blasts, repeated changing of doctrine, disfellowshipping NEVER seemed like something Jesus would do. etc.

Finally posting kinda feels like a big step. NOt sure how I feel about that.

Not even sure what I'm doing here. Limbo describes where I feel I am. (not the dance). Just home from the memorial, an EXCELLENT talk, loads of good illustrations from a very sincere speaker who really emphasised the love of the christ. I've felt for the past couple of months as if I'm mentally out and planning a very slow fade, but tonight I feel like I've slipped back into the ruts of a well worn bike path. It's just easier. I know I could be appointed again in a second, loads of folk want me to, but I'm resisting. I can't actively teach stuff I no longer feel strongly about. All the man made rules. Couldn't possibly counsel someone about a beard when I have one myself! (NEVER could understand that one, from being a young child).

TBH, I listen to a lot of science podcasts, I even drift towards atheism sometimes. I know a lot of you folk would rejoice at that, but i JUST DON'T KNOW ANYTHING anymore.

And I hate it. I hate my own stupid brain for 1. letting myself be conned into believing a load of hogwash and dedicating my life to a cult, and 2. letting evil twisted apostates lead me away from Jehovah's one true (albeit flawed) organisation. Such is the flip-floppery in my head.

I pray still. I don't think I've ever studied the bible more. I've studied plenty in the past, but not necessarily the BIBLE, but the WT spin on the bible. And 'cos I've typed that I'm sure there'll be a special hell created just for me. Facepalm.

Threads that have helped me have been recent ones on WT dishonesty, disfellowshipping articles, (jwfacts obv), and 10 scriptures the WT hate. I wish I had the patience/understanding to wade through Leolaia's posts, maybe in time.

This is all I know. Born and raised. Wifey still in. Both still in as far as anyone knows. (Applicable song lyric "I 've got, this epic problem. T his epic problem's not a problem for me. And inside, I know I'm broken. But i'm working as far as you can see. And outside, it's all production, it's all illusion, set scenery. I've got this epic problem, this epic problem's not a problem for me.) Except it's starting to be.

Future? Stay in, but out. Charade, facade. Keep everyone happy? Wait till parents die, try to convert wifey? DA DF CO DO? Drink less JD? Goodness knows.

Sucky.

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

Welcome aboard, captain!

You don't have to make any decisions right now. Take your time. Keep researching and come here to vent, just talk, or listen.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Ahoy, Captain! Is this you? You're famous!

Captain Blithering

I send you my high hopes that your wife will join you on your exit.

I was never a JW but the critical thinking skills, reawakened (because of this board) forced me in to several years of re-evaluation of all that I believed. The process is uncomfortable, but powerful. The problem with the Witnesses and the ex-JW community both, is that they are generally anti-messages. The Witnesses denigrate all other churches. The ex-JW's show up the Witnesses for their hypocrisy. I humbly suggest you start sorting out what it is that you truly believe in.

I've summarized my beliefs in to a few short sayings, "do no harm", and "reverence for life". Truly, I grab life with both hands!

• TheSophist
    TheSophist

I like your style! You have an entertaining yet serious way with words. Best wishes for you and your family.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

It's not EITHER/OR. Take a look at how many of us still have faith in the Most High and His son. http://xjwsforchrist.madmooseforum.com/index.php

Not that I want to distract you away from this wonderful and informative forum at all, it's been the saving of me for sure. And welcome, by the way! Many of us have been where you are Captain, it isn't easy but I'm sure you will find your way.

Loz x

• bsmart
    bsmart

Welcome,

Sometimes one day at a time is what you have to do. A slow fade is fine, even prefered (if you can stand it). If you can bring a few others out at the same time all the better.

Visit the forum often and ask if anything presents a problem.. the members are awesome.

• clarity
    clarity

Captain ... you sound perfectly normal

Hope you find comfort & support here ...take your time.

There is a great deal of grieving in the process of exiting a cult!

Just go right thru it ...there are not any shortcuts, that I know of!

>

Keep sharing your concerns ..great to have you!

>

Tonite there seems to be many Newbies on line here ...welcome to

all of you!

clarity

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
  • cptkirk
    cptkirk

I know how you feel. I was in sort of a strange circumstance where we went to meetings when i was very very young...and i was taught to pray to jehovah (i can even remember cursing in the schoolyard age 8 and promising jehovah in my head that i wouldn't do that anymore). but then, my life changed a lot, and no more meetings.....then meetings again years later via a family member. the point being, a lot of this was ingrained in me, where i just did it because i thought it was what you were supposed to do...as opposed to learning it myself and making my own decisions really. if the jws were a corporation (which i guess they are registered as one) but a pure corporation,you would avoid their stock like the plague. they are preaching "truth", yet they can't get truth to stay in one form from one day to the next. if nothing else, seems they have set themselves up for a big crash by using all of these absolutes. "truth" "elders are appointed by god directly"....whenever you make extreme statements like that, the scrutiny is going to be just as extreme, and these things just do not hold up to scrutiny--that is not apostate, that is just investigative reporting.

think about it like this, if the whistle was blown right now, and you were up before some kind of body of power...and they are saying to you: you went out and taught people that this was "the truth", yet you knew of thousands of lies within the org, why would you go out and tell people this is truth? knowing what you do? how would you feel if you were all of the sudden put in that position?

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Welcome Captain Blithering...We look forward to hearing more of your story, when you are up to it. (((((Hugs)))))

Just Lois

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit