in limbo.

by Captain Blithering 40 Replies latest jw friends

• out4good3
    out4good3
    I'll eventually get some questions posted once I've finished doing this stupid talk for tomorrow.. Proof for the resurrection. Working on introductions. Great. Move aside, Gigantic Wallking Hypocrite coming through.........

Wow......

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Welcome!

Just remember: by their fruits you shall know them.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Welcome, hope you get some of the answers you are looking for, there is life on the other side. NMKA

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Welcome Limbo! I know it's difficult at first, we're kind of newbies also, and we are happy that you are here with us! Just breathe. It does get easier. Take time to give your mind a chance to become clearer. Hubby & I had to re-learn everything of what we thought we knew of the bible. We understand tho how some can become so disheartened that they cannot possibly believe in God. But you will sort it all in time.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Welcome.

Why do you oscillate between believing the JWs are the one true religion to believing they are a cult? For the same reasons a doubting Mormon does.

Vid

• Giordano
    Giordano

So your awake now and it's painful. Here's a clue or two. Forget about God he, she, it, doesn't care about you. Doesn't care about anyone else. There is no Armageddon....forgetaboutit.

Be a good and decent person....do somthing for your community. Being a witness means your a taker.....do somthing real for other people, volunteer, vote, talk to your neighbors.......... Have some fun, stay home from a meeting and enjoy the fruits of your labor instead of being totally bored turning the pages of your well used bible so you can follow along with the speaker who has cherry picked yet another scripture that is forever being applied to something that it never was intended for.

Your here so you have already decided it's no longer for you. If you want to be Df then go ahead and talk to a few good friends. If you want to exit with dignity then just do a slow fade. One little step at a time. Here's the good news.............its going to be your choice. Think about that for a moment ITS YOUR CHOICE! Finally you get to put on big boy pants and decide.

Sorry if I sound grumpy. Couldn't sleep it's 4:13 in the morning and I am writing to a stranger who is hurting. This silly web site has a ton of loving people on it and a few old fools like myself.

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

Just remember: by their fruits you shall know them.

But the witness half of my brain shouts about the love I've received, the genuine people in the cong, some REALLY good friends, (I know you're going to shout conditional but all friendships are SOMEWHAT conditional aren't they? If your best mate slags your wife off you're not going to be best mates very long, that's a condition.) Admittedly, shunning over different beliefs doesn't seem christian to me. But I've been all over the world and experienced such LOVE from the brothers, despite them not knowing me from Adam.. And does that scripture apply to individuals or did it imply an organisation, a church? I have so many questions, I'll save that one for a future time I think...Such is the argumentation going on in there.

And Mickey mouse - Interesting video that, I like the comparisons.. I wish I could have time to reply to everyone here, but I'd have to have a brain to use first, mine's been turned to mush, pushing and pulling, to-ing and fro-ing.

And Giordanno - big boy pants are scary. It's comfy in this old warm poofilled nappy. Sorry you couldn't sleep buddy, hope you got there in the end! Oh and I've already been trying to volunteer recently, they obviously don't need me as I've left four messages in four different departments to no avail.

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

keep on swimming, swimming, swimming. You'll get there.

• Emery
    Emery

Welcome, I really enjoy reading your posts. I agree 100% with you, all friendships are conditional. Though, the conditions or criteria for friendship should never be reduced to skin color, race, sex, or beliefs. They should be based on the love and character of a person.

Captain, I went through the very same thing. I left my JW beliefs kicking and screaming. Finding every possible excuse to explain away all the irrefutible evidence against the organization. I would tell myself that we are the only ones on earth with the purest and cleanest form of worship to Jehovah. I looked to our rejection of holidays, our non-involvement in wars, bible translation (face palm), preaching work, world-wide brotherhood, and clean association.

However, each one of my arguments never dealt with the most important issue -- the amount of control they had over our lives. The control was all based on their claims to Christ-like authority, to dictate what we can and can't do. It was something I never really thought about. The Slave declared itself divinely appointed, a channel between God and man. This presumptuous claim allows them to disfellowship friends, reject blood transfusions, poisen our view toward non-believers, interpret the bible, control our schedule and demand obsolute loyalty through guilt. Once I fully understood this control I read and peered into 1919 with a fine-toothed comb. When I finished, I was totally embarassed and humiliated after realizing how naive I was. I had told men (elders) private matters and personal issues that they never had the privilege to know! My whole life I was so transparent for the organization, confessing all my wrongs, yet they did not provide the same to me with their white washed history. I forsook so many opportunities because I was convinced Jehovah was really behind this organization. There is no possible way Jehovah God through Jesus Christ supported an organization which false prophesied before, during and after 1919. They were not even alert or awake for Christ's presence in 1914 because they already believed he was present in 1874! All lies and bullshit, blasphemous bullshit.

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

Thanks for that emery, you've given me a lot to think about, but hang on, ive suddenly got a load of homework to do !

I tell you, I didn't study as much when I was an elder!

Best start reading about 1919... Come on brain, keep up. What's that you say, you work better with a tiny snifter of whiskey? Oh go on then..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit