Memorial Hell

by thecrushed 43 Replies latest jw friends

• thecrushed
    thecrushed

Yea I know exactly what u mean punkofnice. I once had this sister tell me her experience of being married to an apostate. She related to me how he lost his business his family and is now homeless because he left Jehovah and that he deserves to be made to suffer. I hadn't even woke up at the time and even then I couldn't believe the hate coming out of this professed Christians mouth. I think it was experiences like those that added up to me looking for TATT. I think my wife is horribly conflicted right now knowing she should hate the very one she loves the most. I can only hope that her watchtower indoctrination the same dichotomy of thoughts that lead me out of he mind ctrl. For me it was like giving birth. The agony was so intense but afterward I felt free. Not that I know anything at all about child birth but u get the analogy.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

She became silent after that and then reminded me

that I had promised her never to leave the truth.

Get serious with her, get her off on her own somewhere and explain,

it is your very LOVE for TRUTH, that has brought you to question the WT.

Be specific. She believes the WT has "special knowledge"

First; assure her you love Jehovah and you love Jesus Christ and Jehovah

and that you want to honor your baptism.

Read her Mattehew 28:19 "baptizing them in the

name of the Father and The Son and the Holy Spirit"

Assure her you have dedicated your life to God and his Son.

As her husband you might know what doubts she herself might have

about the WT organization.

Talk about your own doubts in concrete terms. Perhaps the fact the word

"organization" is nowhere to be found anywhere in the Bible.?

The fact the Sanhedrin of Jesus day , which were twenty-three men appointed,

minimum number was 10 men, who formed the "council" these men were in a

position, similar to what the WT calls the "governing body".

Point out to her they made a terrible and fatal mistake when they called for the death

of Jesus. They were wrong. Yet the represented Jehovah as Priests and they failed.

How difficult was it to stand up against the Sanhedrin in Jesus's day ?

But what would have been the right thing to do ?

Tell her you know she believes the WT has "special knowledge" and that the central

doctrines are unique and special. Tell her you know her fear, because the governing

body has declared itself to be the "sole channel of communication

between mankind and God" that is fear inspiring in itself, meant to make her fearful

Point out to her that she needs to look at the reality of the doctrines the WT teaches;

he thousand year reign of Christ, the earthly paradise. These are doctrines that are

NOT unique to the WT. The thousand tear reign of Christ was and is known

as the Golden Age, it is Millenarianism, the expectation of the

Second Coming of Christ. This was known as The Second Great Awakening revival in

the United States. The movement was started by William Miller born 1782 died 1849 .

Tell her you did some research into how Russell came up with his doctrines and found

they were all copied from the Adventist movement that also preached annihilation

or permanent death of the soul instead of torment in Hell. The early Adventists were

Russell's teachers, Marsh, Age to Come Adventists, Walsh,Storrs:

Life and Advent Union, and the Restorationists who believed Christianity

needed to be restored in its original form. Monotheistic beliefs within Christianity

exist ans still exist, (which is the belief Jesus is not part of a Trintiy Godhead)

These beliefs were already in practice. Russell discovered nothing new.

Monarchianism, Arianism already existed as anti-trinity belief systems.

Bible chronology, The Plan of the Ages, date calculating, Daniel and Revelation

interpretations, all borrowed and copied by Russell

and presented as original unique "truth". Tell her what disturbs you is that you

thought you were baptized to symobolize your dedication to Jesus Christ,

as your own personal Mediator between you and God, a direct connection.

But now you see the "governing body" setting itself up as

infallible never to be questioned like a POPE in the eight men

who call themselves the "faithful and discreet slave"

Tell her you have read and re-read the Greek scriptures, the gospels, John, Ephesians,

and nowhere do you find any explanation of two classes of Christians, one who is not

allowed to partake of the wine and bread as Jesus asked us to do,

or an inferior group who cannot be part of the Body of Christ.

And this has led you to question this modern day Sanhedrin.

• thecrushed
    thecrushed

One prob with that villagegirl. I'm an atheist.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Well, soft-pedal the atheism, then :) One thing at a time. You can still think and talk like a Witness, right? The Witness beliefs fall down on their own, apart from a person's belief or non-belief in God, which is why so many ex-JWs here are still religious. Most of what villagegirl mentioned does not require you to be a theist in order to convey to someone else.

• flipper
    flipper

THE CRUSHED- We are here for you my friend. Hang in there , I'm considered the Devil from some of my JW family members as well. Interesting to see what fears and phobias do to these JW people isn't it ? Take care, you have some friends here

• jgnat
    jgnat

Even athiests are known for their love of the truth. This is simply where your sincere search has led you. You can't give up on the truth now.

• thecrushed
    thecrushed

jgnat if God ever decides to show himself and provide factual evidence that can be scientifically tested and proved I'll be the first to become a theist again. ;)

• thecrushed
    thecrushed

So my dad and I meet up because of some business stuff the next day and he says, " You missed the Memorial you little shit head!" I then shake my head at him and never reply about it and continue with business matters again. Next day after that he txts me that I should brace myself for one bad experience after another because no one walks away from Jehovah without bad things happening. He is really doing his worst here to make me bite. It takes all my might not to start acting all mentally deseased on his ass!!!!!!

What does that say about his God when he says that??? Well if you were to replace Jehovah with say me no one in their right mind would think that it is a smart thing to be friends with me at all. When someone says that same statement it is a threat on your life when it's said of God its supposed to be what??? Loving kindness?????

brace yourself for one bad experience after another because no one walks away from thecrushed without bad things happening. criminal threat

brace myself for one bad experience after another because no one walks away from punkofnice without bad things happening. criminal threat

brace myself for one bad experience after another because no one walks away from Jehovah without bad things happening. He is God so its ok

How can they not see the writing on the wall!!!!! oh wait they are brainwashed! I almost forgot.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Your reasoning is good, you'll do well I think.

If you are able, then continue to heap fiery coals on their heads by being kind and not retaliating or getting riled. it will really piss them off and suprise them. They hate it when you are happy and free, they expect you to be miserable and being punished by big J.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Your father called you a "little shit head!" WTF?!?

Is this a new teaching technique from Our Kingdom Ministry?

It sounds like he needs a reminder of a few scriptural points:

Colossians 3:8 - But now really put them all away from ? YOU , wrath, anger, badness, abusive speech, and obscene talk out of ? YOUR ? mouth.

Ephesians 4:29 - Let a rotten saying not proceed out of ? YOUR ? mouth, but whatever saying is good for building up as the need may be, that it may impart what is favorable to the hearers

John 13:35 - By this all will know that ? YOU ? are my disciples, if ? YOU ? have love among yourselves.”

Your father is clearly desperate and grasping at straws. Nevertheless, he is out of line. I suggest you lovingly and firmly remind him where it is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit