Memorial Hell

by thecrushed 43 Replies latest jw friends

• never a jw
    never a jw

Even as a never JW I feel for you, and I am doing my own effort to help people such as your wife wake up and live better lives outside the cult. I hope everything is resolved in the best possible way.

I am surrounded by JW's (brothers, wife, children) and for some strange reason they become nicer to me after my rantings against the arrogant liars in the WT. I guess they don't want to confirm what I call their cruel shunning doctrine, so they are really nice. But I am not pushing my luck.

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

Jgnat... 200 km to the KH?!? Wow... Sounds like he perfect fade location... Where are you in AB if you don't mind me asking?

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I'm sorry for you folks going through this pressure every year. Don't give in to their pressure, though. It just encourages them and they try even harder to get you back in the cult.

I hope your wife wakes up one day . . .

• smiddy
    smiddy

It is so sad to hear stories like this , yet their are thousands just like it,not everybody who goes through this agony posts on here , their are dozens of other sites with similar experiences . You have my sympathys

smiddy

• happy@last
    happy@last

You have my sympathy also, I did not go either and my wife didn't speak to me after she got back from observing the wine and crackers. It's a cult!

• thecrushed
    thecrushed

Actually I was very surprised. When I opened the door I saw a big stupid smile on her face and the glassy eye look but I was relieved because I knew she had forgiven me at least. My wife is under mind ctrl but she is a great person under it all. We had a nice evening watching tv and I fixed her something good to eat. I fully expected her to be crying and come home with makeup smeared looking like the joker but it never happened.

• thecrushed
    thecrushed

Dad forwards me some txts from a guy he is working for from last night this morning. It was pretty desperate email involving the words attorney and lawsuit. Apparently he missed an important meeting yesterday in order to do preparations for the memorial. How is it that jws think they can just ignore employment obligations for jehoober and then call that persecution? It's insane! Maybe jws wouldn't have to do that if they didn't hold meetings during a work week. Why can't they stick to weekends so the r&f don't get screwed over for making these insane supposedly spiritual desicions. I guess he sent it to me to show me his sacrifice for his attendance and to further guilt me. Didint work though it just looks like he made a dumb decision to me.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

CRUSHED,

Sorry you are going through this. Our situations are really similar. Last nights memorial may be my last. I would love to get my family out, partake, and never return.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    I had promised her never to leave the truth.

You haven't left 'the truth'. You've found the real truth about a scam of a cult.

In fact no one can be 'in' truth it's absurd as 'truth' is a concept not a thing one can enter or own. In the instance of the disgusting WBT$ cult 'truth' is an example of 'loaded language'. It's a mind control technique to alter the meanings of words so that they trigger responses in a certain way.

This cult also uses mind control so that it's victims self police everything. They cower in fear at the tower.

I'm sorry your predicament. Tread carefully. It was because I became 'apostate(TM)' that my wife left some many months ago.

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

good for you for standing your ground. there are many accounts like yours on here, sometimes the wife wakes up in due time, so dont lose hope. just continue to be nice and thoughtful and be a good husband.sometimes that wins them. the best you can do when they do their guilt trips is ignore them, and if your family pulls the "we are shunning you" BS, then just push on with your life. i know that sounds cold, maybe thats just how i am, but any JW that shuns me, is dead to me and i push on and dont lose any sleep on it. not all people can do that, perhaps im extra jaded. but that is my 2 sense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit