Memorial Hell

by thecrushed 43 Replies latest jw friends

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Welcome to Oubliet!

Crushed - Your situation is heinous. All I can offer is (((hugs))).

• thecrushed
    thecrushed

hugs are Great! thank you!

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

You have a PM from me.

How are things now, has the original frenzy died down?

• jambon1
    jambon1

Hi

I can completely feel your relief and the feeling of freedom you gained by making a stand.

I've been there, felt it. Cherish it because it's what we had sacrificed for years & years and is the main reason that I'll never return.

The guilting? Well, get used to it. I still get comments & remarks from my wife & friends after seven years. But, on the occasions that I fight them or take them up on a point then things get all out of control & angry on their part. The shutters come down and they cry persecution or abuse.

You know what is the most frustrating thing about having loved ones in the org? It's when you present the most calm, reasoned, well thought out argument against say, disfellowshipping. You give accounts of what it's like from the other side, how it makes people feel worthless, unloved, depressed. How it's not a punishment that is fitting any crime (apart from perhaps pedophilia). That people kill themselves after weeks & months of shunning. And then your loved one just looks at you and carrys on regardless. Even calling you 'blinded by the devil'. That's fucking hard.

My life at the moment isn't great due to having kids who are now actively involved in the organisation. And a wife who doesn't cope with oposition or critiscism of the organisation. I don't know where to turn or what to do for the best.

It's shit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit