The World is going to end...

by The Quiet One 38 Replies latest jw friends

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

..one day, as will our lives. Any day could be the last day of our existence... With that in mind, how would you want to spend your final hours, if you knew that your life was going to end tomorrow? What would you like to say on that last day, and to whom?

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I don't think I'd have any desire to say anything to anybody. I'd probably use the time to finish this book I've been trying to get done reading, drink lots of hot tea, and just enjoy some peace and quiet.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

The Quiet One Don’t know how you missed it but the world did end. You are living an illusion. This is all a dream. Close your eyes and you are seeing reality. Open them and you are back in the dream. If this doesn’t work for you then invent a reality that does. It’s all a trick of the mind. Mind it’s all a trick.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Would you feel completely satisfied? As your final minutes ticked away, would you think ''Ah well, at least I finished that book? '' ... Your last day sounds like a lonely one.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I'm always alone, but never lonely :) I'm basically a cat in human form. I don't have any partiality or attachments to anyone. So I'm probably not the best person to be answering your question! Let's hear from some other people.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Of course you're a good person to answer my question, there isn't a 'correct answer' , everybody is different and all answers are more than welcome. (Except for thread killers like Gladiator.. only kidding) . I just like to hear different peoples views.. Thanks for replying :)

• stillin
    stillin

I would feel short changed. I have a lot of living left to do. If it was God killing me, I would have to ask why.

life in a paradise would be great! That appealed to me right away. No greed. No thieves. No reason to have police, or doctors, or lawyers, or clergy. :)

• finally awake
    finally awake

I would want to spend my last hours with my husband and children, let them know how much I love them and how proud I am of them.

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

Apognophos, I was most interested in your comment about not having partiality and not being attached to anyone. I wonder how many people live the same. Maybe me sort of. Do you care to expound on what you mean?

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury
    I'm basically a cat in human form.

<-- You and I have this in common.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit