The Apostate Boogeyman

by RayPublisher 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Londo111
    Londo111

The power of mind control is intense. How many inactive or DFed JWs still walk around without having shaken the indoctrination? How many don’t know about cults or mind control? Our society is general has a huge lack of education in these areas. If only reading Combating Cult Mind Control were part of the public school curriculum.

• Suraj Khan
    Suraj Khan

*nod* Not only that, Londo, but also this exchange in Room 101:

Winston:Does the Brotherhood exist?

O'Brien:That, Winston, you will never know. If we choose to set you free when we have finished with you, and if you live to be ninety years old, still you will never learn whether the answer to that question is Yes or No. As long as you live it will be an unsolved riddle in your mind.

This speaks directly to your point that apostates are an invention. A scholarly point can be made that Emmanuel Goldstein in 1984 is also an invention, a spectre created solely to unify the people of Oceania by fear - something all too easy to do when all sources of information are controlled.

I would like to see you expand this parallel in a follow-up piece. This was an excellent, excellent blog entry.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

"Than what the organization CURRENTLY teaches,......"

I mean that kind of says enough right there,... CURRENTLY!!

NJy

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

it's bigger than apostates. it all starts when they tell you that you have to "hate" what is bad...of course a scripture does say that, but they go the extra mile. almost like, see how many levels/tiers of crazy that you can convolute in your mind. for example, if the bad guys were lions, it would go something like this: level 1. lions have fangs and they can sink them into your flesh (demonize fangs) 2. lions have big claws which can tear you apart (demonize claws) 3. lions have very powerful strength that can knock you over with such force that you receive brain damage (demonize strength) 4. lions will try and intimidate you with snarls, squinting eyes, etc. (demonize snarls/squinting eyes) 5. show record of lions eating people in the past (more fodder in the way of real life examples of lion attacks to further demonize). so there you have FIVE tiers of fear(five fingers of death), it is almost a competition to see who can stack the most levels of fear to become the most spiritual person, ye who stacks the highest wins (except what they don't realize is the only thing they win is first prize in the crazy contest).

they of course do not do this with lions, they do it with apostates, or sex or something like that. if you are only a 1 tier or 2 tier guy, that probably means you are an unspiritual schmuck who requires much training. if you are a 8-9 tier guy, well then you are doing jehovah's will, you are also technically insane at that point, but boy you are spiritual so who cares.

see, if you look at a lion and the only thing that you see as bad are claws(1 tier), that is only 1 level of fear. on the other hand, if you see the 5 things outlined above all at once, well then, you will be 5x terrified and 5x less likely to play patty cake with the lion (this is jw reasoning). insert _____<----anything to be demonized here (apostates, sex, money, etc)

ye who demonizes the hardest wins, and ye also dies of heart failure at 42.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Well they have to make up enemies. Without enemies, how could they "protect" us from them. And how can we be a spectical to the world if no one hates us?

It also makes ordinary people feel special. They were picked out of the crowd, given this secret information that 99.5% of the world doesn't give a damn about, and then told that the information they hold dear to them is the catalyst for hatred from the world.

Nice scam

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Good article, well done all.

As we have debated many times, it is so difficult to counter this insidious propaganda, no matter how lying and inaccurate it is.

A long time "Sister" did a similar thing when I was comparing other religions with the JW's, she dismissed them with "Ah, but they teach the trinity".

Much the same thinking, we can dismiss everything about them because the WT says one aspect of them is wrong, it is so frustrating.

I know ex-JW's out for many years who will not consider anything that comes from the Internet, where the **** do they think an alternative point of view will come from Brooklyn/Wallkill ?

Labels are perniscious, but sticky, hard to get rid of.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

@ Wha happened - Very good point- They must have their Emmanuel Goldsteins and other scapegoats, and that does make them feel VERY SPECIAL. I rememeber praying to Jee-ho-vah and thanking him for being born into the Witnesses.... UGGGHH such a deluded way to think.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

oh they are quite the delussional bunch aren't they. I'm posting on a facebook page an "apostate" put up and all I hear is wah wah why are you persecuting us wah wah. Everything is about them.

• Londo111
    Londo111

I often thought of the odds of being born in and felt very thankful—considering that everyone else was going to die in just a few years. I realized if a JW came to my door, I would probably not listen to them, thus I would be destroyed. So I felt very lucky. Except—I couldn’t use that word.

Now I realize how unlucky I was! And now I can use that word all I want.

• *lost*
    *lost*

Brilliant.

I've been trying to explain TTAT to my fiancee and he doesn't get any of it I can tell. cos he's not in mentally, he cabn't grasp the concepts.

i was saying to him about apostate, and what it actually is v what they portray it as in reality.

so i said it to him about the RC church and all the abuse scandal in ireland and uk and everywhere else in the world (there is massiv epublic outcry, and mass protest from the people). I was RC. he was church of E, has some beliefs in a God.

The jws are there slating the RCC even in RCC countries, slaying the church, wealth, child abuse... bla bla. I was embarressed at one meeting by it myself, it was so blatant, and it is programmed into their children from birth.

So i said to my bf, well, I had huge problems agaisnt the church any way cos of it being the church, but as for the abuse, it is sick and abhorrent, so on that note I visually and vocally make a point of standing against the church for its sins.

I have to take the same stand against the wt org. or else it would make me a hypocrite and my morals won't allow me to. I am a mother, if you are a parent you will understand how hod=rrific is must be for a child to suffer such things. Priests were moved. in congregation the abuser could stay in there, and the victim has to suffer in silence the torment of having to see or possible speak to that person for years growing up. if what is being said is true. They are guilty, no question. Who would want to be associated with something so filthy ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit