The Apostate Boogeyman

by RayPublisher 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Londo has written a great article (IMO) about how Apostates are a figment of the JW imagination, fomented and concocted by none other than the Watchtower. Not necessarily the dictionary definition of the word apostate, which simply means a person who leaves their religion, for by that definition everyone who leaves any religion to become a JW is an apostate. No, it is JW conception of the APOSTATE, both as an individual and as a ‘group’ that is imaginary.

Read the full article at http://www.jwstruggle.com/2013/03/the-apostate-boogeyman/

Here's a screengrab below:

Apostate boogeyman

• Suraj Khan
    Suraj Khan

Spot on. Apostates = Emmanuel Goldstein.

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

Good article

• Londo111
    Londo111

Grr.

One former JW on Facebook said about this article, " I left the religion but I don't feel this way at all. I think these post breeds hate. And I don't quiet understand the animosity that you have. Freedom of speech. But don't preach love then post hate. You're no different than them if you are."

Mind control is strong, even among ex-JWs.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

The JW religion uses the word "apostate" to strike fear into the hearts of ignorant JWs. I am not afraid of it.

Anybody in the know realizes that word applies to anybody who leaves any religion! So, this means I was an "apostate" when I left Catholicism and made the mistake of becoming a JW.

I rectified this mistake by walking away from the JWs. However, I do not refer to myself as an "apostate" but simply a former-JW or somebody who has moved ON.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The WTS would have you believe that they battle with a single, organized movement of Anti Witnesses, which they have called the "Evil Slave" This slave exists only to plot the downfall of their movement, has the means and the power to frame mischief at the highest level, and is led directly by Satan the Devil. It is rabidly opposed to God and its members operate in the "low sink of debauchery" because that is the life they want.

Of couse this is as much a fallacy as Orwell's Emanuel Goldstein, referred to in an earlier post, but it does the same job. It keeps the dubs in fear of talking to us, or reading anything critical of the WTS. It even moves them, unnaturaly, to shun loved ones who have left the religion.

It is an effective tool, and one that high-control governments have used successfully .

(nice article, JW Struggle)

• Pterist
    Pterist

Thanks RayP and Londo, excellent !

• Londo111
    Londo111

That is a good point about Goldstein. The two-minute hate ritual is a very powerful scene in 1984.

• sir82
    sir82

The WTS is very good at inventing enemies.

I have heard from more than one old-timer that the principal reason World War II was fought was that it was "Satan's attempt to eradicate Jehovah's Witnesses from the earth".

I $#!+ you not.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

I just got into a friendly but heated debate with the person from facebook. I could easily make an entire post about it lol...

Some choice quotes from the exchange:

"I don't remember them teaching that. So again it's just some bad ppl in the organization, just as any other."

"I've been out for over 5 years so I'm good but I don't feel the need to slander them."

Out for 5 years, but mentally.... STILL IN!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit