Hmmm...

by mrsjones5 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• Mum
    Mum

My heartfelt sympathy on the loss of your relative.

What is even sadder is that you could have had a normal family relationship if not for the cruelty of the WT.

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

Let's do the math......... 1.) You don't know the person who died. 2.)The person's father is someone you think very little of. 3.)Place will be full of JWs, some of whom will make attempts to ahem cough cough "encourage"you. 4.)Your mother might view this is an oppurtunity to ahem cough cough "encourage" you.

Sounds like a no-brainer to me. So when your mother calls again to ask whether you're going, you reply...............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI7ObyMhFIU

• quincy_aka_quentin
    quincy_aka_quentin

Tough call. Damned if do, damned if you don't.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Send flowers and a card

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

MrsJones5, Next Saturday, wherever you are, I hope you have a beautiful day, shared with loved ones. That doesn't sound like a funeral is involved.

Just Lois

• wasblind
    wasblind

Miz and you know it

Josie

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I agree on sending flowers and a card. A person in the family passed away so it's the human thing to do. To show up and participate as the target, in the JW game of bashing the apostate relative. I'll say pass

• sd-7
    sd-7
    Stupidity along with being an elder is a mix I have no desire to witness again.

[Stupid elder's facial expression] "Only stupidity I see around here is your apostate wickedness. I thought you were smarter than that! Don't you want to see your cousin again in the new system??"

Well, rather than clawing his eyeballs out in a glorious display of brutality after those sentences are uttered, why not just stay home?

--sd-7

• Glander
    Glander

I have a little different take on this.

I think it is nothing more than a rather shabby excuse to get you to go to a JW propaganda talk. We all know what JW memorials are all about.

Sorry for anyone who has had their life cut short by cancer surgery.

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

Funerals are for the living, not the dead. If no one you care about plans to attend, don't bother going.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit