Public talk today on evolution today - real doozy

by Comatose 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Comatose
    Comatose

Notes:

Bible says God created us. Scientific principle says - Simplest explanation is usually the correct one. Scientist seek to exalt themselves by coming up with a more complicated explanation.

Our schools teach our children they are nothing but glorified apes.

Darwin's unproven theory is flawed.

Hitler had impact on whole world, his mind was captivated by evolutionary theory. Nazis were evolutionists.

Comrade Stalin became an atheist an evolutionist. Infamous for brutality. Top ten of most evil men ever existed shared by Hitler and Stalin.

World war 2 was brought on by evolutionary ideas and thinking.

Purpose of humans according to Darwin is just to breed with an endless string of women, and same for women. Also Darwin said parental love is just a tool or gene to grow the race of man for survival of the fittest.

Evolution tied in with no morals or love, and how woman and children strapping bombs to chest and walking into largest crowds they find to hurt and kill as many as they can.

i almost died during this talk.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Hi Comatose, Lol...Were you comatose by the end of The Watchtower?

Just Lois

• alanv
    alanv

I really feel for anyone who has to sit through that drivel. The trouble is most dubs will nod in agreement without thinking about it at all. They are simply conditioned to accept what they are told. I even thought the arguement about a watch not making itself was brilliant lol.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Hitler had impact on whole world, his mind was captivated by evolutionary theory. Nazis were evolutionists.

I thought JWs generally knew Hitler was Christian, since they discuss how he thought he was setting up the 1000 year reign of Revelation.

Evolution tied in with no morals or love, and how woman and children strapping bombs to chest and walking into largest crowds they find to hurt and kill as many as they can.

How could anyone tie evolution to religious suicide bombers?

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Atheist suicide bombers 0 - Fundie religious suicide bombers 1000s and counting.

• bohm
    bohm

wow, the pain--

I think the watchtower simply gave up on evolution a few decades ago and that the top really believe its a topic best treated with small portions of misinformation and general avoidance, less someone do something silly like trying to "disproove those crazy-things the evolutionists are saying'". Same goes for noahs ark.

• mP
    mP

What a lie, the NAZIs and SS all carried on their belts in god we trust.

• cantleave
    cantleave

FFS!!!!!!

Sadly it is not just JW's that hold these ridiculous notions. There are members of this board who do not understand evolutionary biology and yet reject it in preference to a bunch of iron age myths and fairy tales.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Guys like this give Richard Dawkins all the ammo he needs. Funny, I've studied evolution in my search for 'truth', and of course have been Atheist, JW, studied evolution in detail again, read scientific papers from both sides of the Darwinian argument, and still believe in God. But not because of the ramblings of someone who has no idea about it and who creates straw man arguments.

Evolution theory relies on a lot of unproveable assumptions - just like any belief system. Many evolution experts are swayed by preconceived hypotheses, the sheer investment of time they've dedicated to their field, and the implications of what might be if they are wrong. Like zillions of JWs and others. There are holes you can drive buses through in evolution theories, but so there are in other worldviews. And evolution proponents are usually ok people, if dogmatic. But then so are most Christians.

• bohm
    bohm

There are holes you can drive buses through in evolution theories, but so there are in other worldviews.

There are holes you can drive busses through in your worldview?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit