if the rapture started now?

by fakesmile 37 Replies latest watchtower bible

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

tik:lol if thats how you see it,

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

Hate to throw a wrench in all this fun -- but just in case you didn't know it -- here's how the RAPTURE thing works.

First the dead in Christ arise in human bodies. Then Christ returns in a human body. Then after the rest of the elect are sealed, Armageddon comes and Christ and the elect rule for 1000 years while Satan is abyssed. Then after that, Satan is let loose for a short while. Then Satan and those who rebel with him are cast into the lake of fire. Then JUDGMENT DAY begins, and all the dead, the good and the bad, everyone who had died, are brought back and judtged. Then AFTER THAT, when all the work of the elect are is done, THEN is when the so-called "rapture" takes place, and all the elect are transformed into spiritual bodies along with Christ. The only ones left on the earth are those chosen for eternal life who have already been judged. All this "left behind" concept is non-Biblical.

But other than not being in the least bit connected to reality, this post about the rapture has been really funny!

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

lars: lol is that human body yours? lol

• clarity
    clarity

Hi unstopable ... glad you are unstopable....it is a good attribute!

>

What comes to mind about those loudly supporting the rapture,

& the "no part of the world" people, is that mostly they are

living for some future life. This short changes this life today!

>

They are not interested in working toward a better world, with

all of its issues, because they are getting the hell out of here

one way or another!

>

clarity

• tec
    tec

I can understand why Unstop is reacting as he is.

Lois - I also had never heard the term Rapture (no real religous background), and when I went searching around after my study and heard people saying it... I wondered if they were talking about some "sexually" pleasurable event also, albeit perhaps a symbolic or spiritual one ;)

So anyway... now I know that the 'rapture' is what people have called what happens when Christ returns and gathers all of those who belong to Him. The 144000 AND all those who come through the great tribulation. All of these are gathered to him, and given white robes (spirit bodies); to rule as kings and priests with Christ for the thousand years. (the subjects of that kindgom are the sheep separated from the goats... so NOT those who are in union with Christ... so MORE than christians enter the Kingdom)

Peace,

tammy

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

"I wondered if they were talking about some "sexually" pleasurable event also,"

I am happy to see that some peoble are using their imagination!

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

Also a born-in never knew what the Rapture was and I'm still not clear who believes it. Lois yes us born-in were naive didn't know difference between sexual and religious matters. We must have amused a lot of people.

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

I think it is mostly evangelical christians and pentecostals.

Didn't you notice the May 21th campaign by Harold Camping? He set a date for the rapture, a lot of people mostly in the US believed in it.

I think he after that day said that the rapture was invisible.....I just wonder where he learned that trick! But, of course, he could have stated that the rapture was just a sexual one! But he seemed to like the invisible better!

• cantleave
    cantleave

I learnt about the rapture from cartoons like The Simpsons, American Dad and South Park. I am sure I have an excellent understanding!

• tec
    tec

I can't remember exactly where I learned what the word 'rapture' signified. Probably on this forum. I did see that Simpsons episode though.

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit