Scary moment: Watchtower Study conductor got mad about answer

by Gorbatchov 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Today we had a bla bla bla Watchtower article: warnings for technology, money and pride. A repreat of a repreat of a repreat.

But now it comes:

One of the last summary questions one of the local simple brothers gave the answer that we have to take care for technology. He used the example of using Ipad's at conventions and congregation meetings. Then he told us "The society advises the use of paper magazines instead of Ipad's during meetings".

Then the Watchtower Study conductor looked with hollow eyes, had to cough, became red and told very loudly "So you have to tell me were you read that!" and continued "In the future we will all have an Ipad in the congregation because times are changing" and followed "So your statement is not correct, we will talk about that later".

So, the simple man will think again giving an answer in the congregation...

And that's why I got so mad about our believe: when the society tells "don't use computers" all the JW's will answer "Don't use computers" and when the society is changing, you have to switch from opinion fast!

Gorby

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

i.e. 1984

• besty
    besty

4 legs good, 2 legs better.

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

they should produce there own pad... cultpad .. that they have control over content.. ipad is worldy.. imo

• stillin
    stillin

Too many elder's wives with iPads in my cong for any smart-butt elder to try that.

however, I can see how there could be something on a clone-site that could LOOK like something that the WTS has said, that is really something made up for somebody's personal agenda, emphasizing the need to have hard-copy for important things.

HA! Some of the mock issues of the wt and g that I've seen posted here!

• Mum
    Mum

The flashing light again. Probably when the car was invented, JW's were told to stick to the horse and buggy. Then they had to face the fact that the horse-and-buggy paradigm was being phased out. Accepting progress and more efficient ways of doing things is such a b**ch!

• Ding
    Ding

Fortunately, the GB will give "new light" when it's time for JWs to change their opinions.

No need for the rank and file to think at all...

• designs
    designs

Are they gearing up for advertising space in the mags..

• 00DAD
    00DAD

REPOSTED FROM: "WT Publications are all propaganda!" admits the Awake! magazine

THERE is a difference—a big difference—between education and propaganda. Education shows you how to think. Propaganda tells you what to think. Good educators present all sides of an issue and encourage discussion. Propagandists relentlessly force you to hear their view and discourage discussion . - Awake!, June 22, 2000, pp. 9-11 – [Emphasis added]

So what is it? What DO YOU think?

1. Do the WT Publications show people how to think, or what to think? (The answer is NOT in the paragraph. You'll have to think for yourself).
    2. Does the WT Leadersip encourage or discourage open discussion and debate about ideas and doctrine?
    3. Do the WT Publications ever accept input from their members or do they only "relentlessly force you to hear their view"?

If it walks like a duck and it quacks like a duck, what is it?

Quack!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

It's a cult!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit