My husband MISSED the meeting today! Unheard of!

by Julia Orwell 46 Replies latest jw friends

• mind blown
    mind blown

We have a few Kooks on JWN. It's part of being on an open forum and Super Highway. Just have to know who not react to. You'll save yourself a lot of grief.

• niomar1
    niomar1

i am from Greece living in sydney electronic 2,5 years disfellowshiped from Jehovas witnesses - though i appreciate them and i strongly want to return one day- .. i say this was because you asked before : who are you to insult me :) 2) every one is free to believe what ever he likes and make his one conclusions and choices and have his ones consequences from these choices .. EVERY ONE ALSO CAN PUT THE STANDARDS AS HIGH HE LIKES ABOUT WHAT IS INSULT OR NOT SO TO superficially'' WIN '' THE IMPRESSIONS IN AN ARGUMENT and to pretend the victim INSTEAD OF CONVINCING OTHERS by REASONING . About that you felt insulted i will make a question : Under what circumstances you don't feel insulted only when others are petting you with their comments ? you are exposing your self in anonymity in this site so you know that you will listen and opposite opinions to yours. ... ..and the same is happening to me i hear from others rejections for some of my replies...i feel it as normal there is no no need for me to panic and to be over touchy, huffy, sensitive, queasy . And about traumas you dont have the monopoly in this.. i have traumas also we all have ..this is not reason to close our ears in diferent oppinions. Some people here believe that we must have open mind and listen other opinions....Now it is an opportunity for me to see if this community is sincere if has cultivated an open mind only when it seems convinient and if when they hear opposite opinions they handling the impressions in a way to close the mouth of the opponent by putting the standards of what is INSULT TOO HIGH to exclude the opposer artificially finaly from the converse....again the wisdom is justified from its FRUITS. When many opinions can be expressed there is more posibility for us to see the whole picture than when we recycling the same concepts only again and again. So in conclusion i cannot refuse that you did feel insulted -unjustifiable due to my oppinion- thank you for informing me i will not talk to you again because i feel that you use no honest defend tactics instead of reasonable argumentations . I do not represent JEHOVAHS WITNESSES AS I AM NOT ONE OF THEM CURRENTLY ..I ONLY REPRESENT MY SELF AND I WILL CONTINUE DOING IT WITH ALL PEOPLE WHO HAVE THE COURAGE AND THE HUMBLE SPIRIT TO DEBATE WITH ARGUMENTS AND NOT BY HANDLING THE IMPRESSIONS by pretending the victim ...BYE GOOD LUCK :) ......aaa and i DID NOT USE Any blasphemy, profanity, curse, swearing -THIS would BE INSULT AND I DID NOT DO IT :) plus actualy i dont like debates i like reasoning

• wasblind
    wasblind

i am from Greece living in sydney electronic 2,5 years disfellowshiped from Jehovas witnesses - though i appreciate them and i strongly want to return one day-_____Niomar1

Don't go Niomar1,

If you like, start another thread in which to have an honest debate. I'm humble as pie

I love to reason also.

Who knows, you might convince me the Jehovah's Witnesses have the truth

and we can return together .

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

"What better way to serve Jah then spend some time with your loving family viewing his creation." You can use that line on him for free.

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

Julia pay no attention to the kooks on here. There are some on here who are still very much active JW's who haven't awakened yet...Sometimes the best thing to do is just ignore them and not even respond.

Or there are Trolls on here who say things to invoke responses to fulfill some need for argument. I'd say that person is a troll.

I'm so happy your husband missed a meeting to spend time with you and he needed time away. This is a good sign, and maybe with how the elders have been treating you he is starting to feel there is no love in the org. and now he might be starting to awaken. I hope and I have praying for you and your hubby. The best thing you can do is still be a supportive wife and love him to death, so he can see where true love is, it's not with the org. it's with you.

I hope things continue on with you helping your husband to awaken. I hope he gets the job, encourage him to take it! Especially if it means he misses some meetings.

G

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

Julia, great job. Don't forget the reward factor. My wife already suggested that next Saturday we will do X ( instead of her going in service). I intend to reward her choice in many ways... We have already mapped out some trips we would like to make when the weather gets warmer here (in Poland). Provide the opportunity to do something else.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Niomar I came here to be 'petted'- I'll be honest with you. If you wanna return to Jw that's your business but guess what, you're disfellowshipped and I'm not so technically I must shun you. From now on I will ignore you like the watchtower tells me to until you are reinstated or I am no longer active. Have a great life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit