My husband MISSED the meeting today! Unheard of!

by Julia Orwell 46 Replies latest jw friends

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Good. Long may it continue!

Do you suppose he just didn't want to face the elders or his mind is freeing up?

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

I hope it turns out well for you guys. My prayers will be with you Julia

• finally awake
    finally awake

I hope you have good weather for your day out and I hope you have a great time!

• wasblind
    wasblind

Tsk, Tsk Julia

Think how sad Jehovah will be if your husband works on Sundays

or get a job that drains his time and energy from the ministry

Do he really want to make Jehovah SAD !!!!!!

Think of how much more he can do in the preachin' work

while unemployed

Buy out this Opportune time to share more in the ministry and to lengthen

the time spent. Stay out an extra 30 minutes to increase his time in the preachin' work

Here take this March 2008 Kingdom ministry and read all about it

Don't worry 'bout gas. God 'ill bless ya

If your lights get cut off. No worry.

you know the path of the righteous one grows brighter as the day is firmly established

That's right. So get busy before night

Did you know a job is like a fishin' pole. It allows your husband to fish for his own needs

Throw that pole down and " Wait on Jehovah "

Do your husband really wanna make Jehovah sad ?

• Mum
    Mum

Good news!

The elders have a way of chasing good people away by their attitude and tactics. Take one day at a time.

Enjoy!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Great news!

I suggest you back off on dropping hints for a while, let him digest.

Enjoy your day together!

00DAD

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Wasblind, love your work. It gives me a smile.

00Dad, what you say is the way I plan to proceed. He's negotiated with the potential new bosses for a half-day Sunday which is a bit of a dismay, and if he does get this job he no longer will have to work Tuesday nights. He'll have both slots free...but I will work on that another time.

And the day was great! Not a cloud in the sky, and the waterfalls were just stunning after all the rain we've had. Then we came home and ate fish n chips on the couch and watched movies and drank wine. Ah what little hedonists we are!

• smiddy
    smiddy

I truly hope you are not disappointed and that a happy outcome is at the end of this story

smiddy

• niomar1
    niomar1

cofty wrote : niomar1 - welcome to the forum. Its good to hear you think you have an open mind. You won't find many people here who agree with you that the JWs do any good work.

Please do some research at JWFacts.com and JWsurvey.org

niomar1 reply : thank you cofty for your welcoming . The subjectiveness of our self-conception is catholic , effects all of us .... by this i mean that yes i think i have an open mind and maybe you also think same for your self and we are all under this subjectivness of our self conceptions and conclutions :) Definatly though we can cultivate honesty as we making our introspection.

If we set 3 levels of open mind a) over open mind b) a careful balanced open mind 3) close mind .... it is common sense that the b) choice is better and wise and more . epibiotic. There are limitations even in this nice value of having an open mind , it is subservient to others values. Do you agree ? Who wants to eat poisonus mashrooms by testing everything ? or in the other hand who wants to be closed in his room and eat nothing for ever because of the fear of the uncertainty if he goes out and try something ? :) would this be epibiotic ?

For me now reading those links is unnecessary :) ... i have a 35 years personal experience of who Jehovah's witnesses are -with the blacks and and the whites- I have been in bethel and in pioneering for periods of my life and in prison for 3 years with more of 800 brothers and i know them from inside and outside who they are :) .- good and bad points. I have also my own few strong ''heretical concepts '' and i keep them for my self and they do not change my positive opinion and appreciation for Jehovah's witnesses's diligent creditably and desent Christian contribution , plus my ideas are not so important in comparing to the higher value of the ''unity of the church of Christ ''.

Though instead of these links which are making only demolition .......if these people who have written these web sites...if they have invested in building also , if they had pure concepts and they believed them so much that they have invested on them and made new groups christian or other brotherhoods.. and God or the universal lows blessed them and made them successful ... THEN yes i would like to have addresses in Sydney where i live and i would be glad to apply my open mind carefully by observing their ''FRUITS'' in an extend period of time by visiting their communities ... :) This is simple wisdom and common sense .... if they have eaten poison - i mean their concepts - i don't need to eat that poison too.... i can check the results and see if by applying their ideas they have created a BETTER adaptive flexible loving COMMUNITY :)..if they spread the world about Gods Kingdom more if they have more integrity and if they cultivate their emotional intelligence and ethics more than JW do...if they are less neurotic and more profound , if their organisation has a better and stronger immunisation system - like the dis-fellowship JW are using to keep clean the church...- if they succeed in avoiding inner divisions because of the competitive spirit .If they are not centred in a person ..if they give for free all this help as JW DO and Christ did ..if they do not go to the army even if they have to go in prison or suffer worse punishments . then YES I WOULD LIKE IF ALL THESE HAPPEN TO LEAVE THE GOOD '' PIANO SCHOOL I GO NOW FOR THAT BETTER ONE'' - illustration-......THANKS AGAIN niomar1

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

A few Australians in here!

Smiddy, I see you live in Qld. I too live in Qld, SE.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit