Do you have an arrest record ? Ever been arrested?

by Glander 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Glander
    Glander

Fortunately, I don't have an arrest record.

But I was arrested one day walking through a parking lot when a young woman was struggling to exit her low-slung sports car with no knickers on.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

WTF?

• TD
    TD

Back in the 1960's, Daisy was making a hybrid air rifle. It used a paper cartridge that actually had a small amount of powder in it. The powder was ignited by a jet of hot air from a conventional spring and piston. It was considerably weaker that a .22 short, but still technically a powder actuated weapon.

My cousin who had one, convinced me it was legal to shoot within city limits. He was wrong - LOL

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

No and no.

• prologos
    prologos

why would you want to know?

some are proud to have been arrested. for example

carrying incriminating written material in communist countries. or for

preaching old 1950-60 "truth" in prohibited/restricted areas or for

non-existing and false charges, publicity stunts.

having an arrest record can be a honor badge in every way. only

being identified as an apostate can top that.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Glander People who have been arrested are perhaps likely to be dishonest. Therefore they are unlikely to tell you the truth. Ah but what is the truth...

This could be a whole can of worms.............

• JeffT
    JeffT

The OP contradicts itself.

• designs
    designs

Yes by the FBI for refusing the Draft, Vietnam War.

• Glander
    Glander

The OP contradicts itself.

I was 'arrested" in the sense that my forward progress was stopped by the incident.

This site has been swarmed with ads asking "Do you have an arrest record?".

Many JW's higher education has been arrested by the cult teachings.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

My husband studying to be dunked, acutally commited physical violence on me earlier this year, shoving me from the door and hurting me. I called the police. He was arrested. He was mortified and blsamed it on me for weeks.

His studying has slowed down now. I bet money he has never told his book study leader about this! He is going to therapy and saw the dr to change the dosage of his antidepressants. I at first thought it was due to the medications, but he convinced me after the weeks of denying it was that, to believe him. That it was his own willful act against me because "i" did not follow his directions and just stay away from the door. ( He was potentially intoxicated from medication) . Yeah.... right....

Me, nope, never have been arrested.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit