Do you have an arrest record ? Ever been arrested?

by Glander 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

No and no. Helped to add to my exhusband's when I called the cops for domestic violence when we first married.

nonjwpouse - Do you have support? These guys rarely change. Typically, the violence only escalates. The average woman leaves 7-9 times before she dies at their hands or successfully leaves. This is an issue close to my heart - please pm me if you want to talk.

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

Gypsy Sam Glad you got outta that mess.

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

not as far as you know...............

• gone for good
    gone for good

Frankly - it's a loaded question that annoys the hell out of me.

It's routinely asked by cops and a favorite of immigration officials.

These are people who should know, that in our quasi-democracies, people are

to be presumed innocent untill proven guilty in a court.

A more appropriate question is 'Have you ever been convicted?'

It's just so much more empowering than asking the question really on their minds-

'How may we hassle you today?' ...assh0les - I just lie.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Glander and Sam,

Thank you for your concern. Yes I have support and help. It was is own father I called to help me bail him out of jail. My husband was so angry that his family knew. He has been in talk therapy, and so have I. We also have marriage therapy. I know the usual routine of the abuse esclating over time.

I do feel it was an exagerated response due to the anti depresants he had just been adjusting. His personality was so different. It was the first time, so he knows I mean business when I tell him I will call the police. He has been slowly seeing the fault lies in him, not me. So we shall see. He knows the boundry line that has been made, if it ever happens again he is out of the house. Period. I will not bail him out again.

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

My development was arrested for 40 years in the Borg.

zed

• dazed but not confused
  • mrquik
    mrquik

Been shot & arrested. Advice for the day. When someone says "Stand back or I'll shoot" I can personally recommend standing back.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit