Losing my Religion......

by flower 60 Replies latest jw experiences

• Nemesis
    Nemesis

Flower: (((Big Hug)))

But I realized after getting through another one of those weeks from hell that it makes no difference how much I pray or how much I believe. Nothing in my life changes one way or the other based on my religious or spiritual activity. Whatever happens, good or bad, is going to happen whether or not I pray or 'trust in God' or try to live a Christian life. So really, what is the point?

The point is flower you are not supposed to have a relationship with God for purely selfish reasons—isn’t that what Satan charged Job with? “Let some shit happen and Job will curse you to your face.” (Paraphrased) What do you gain if you curse God and reject him? He wants you to learn to cope with life and gain in wisdom. He will not fix it all now, as much of what we experience is there to learn from: “True, no discipline seems for the present to be joyous, but grievous; yet afterward to those who have been trained by it, it yields peaceable fruit, namely, righteousness.” (Hebrews 12:11) Life on earth now is a massive learning curve, leaving God when you need him won’t make life any easier, or remove the problems—problems are there to make you wiser, and more empathic to other’s suffering also.

It’s a cheesy saying—but if it doesn’t kill you, it will only make you stronger—eventually!

I was watching a programme today on the History channel about the Roman Gladiators, and Emperors. Part of it was all about the sickening evil they did to the Christians in the Coliseum, how they were mauled to death by wild animals, and tortured, burned alive, and mutilated. It was truly awful! I am so glad I wasn’t alive then, or in their shoes—I really did count my blessings. I have a roof over my head, my health, and food on the table, reasonable security—freedom, and the sun on my face!

Flower: Life is about growing and going to higher levels, you are just experiencing a new level, don’t let the pain deceive you. You will become stronger, and God will guide to you a stronger more self sufficient level—don’t give up before you have got there! Ask him for wisdom and insight—ask for endurance and inner peace, don’t give up, life will change, and the cycle will turn.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

My kids saw through the crap long before I did.

I have 2 boys a couple of years apart, and when they were young there was the normal sibling rivalry and occasional rough-housing/fights. Anyway when breaking up a fight, I tried to instill in them the sense that violence is not the way to accomplish anything, better to come and see Dad and let him sort the problem out. Don't use violence.

Then...at night I would read them from the My Book Of Bible Stories. And one night my kid asks me "Dad, if violence is not the answer, why does Jehovah use violence in every story here to sort out the problem?"

God has a problem with Adam so he kills him. He has a problem in Noahs time, so he kills everybody. Jezebel he kills. I think every damn story in that book ends up with God killing somebody or everybody.
    And from that point on I knew the Bible was crap. And if God really existed he was hopeless. "Got a problem? Lets kill everybody".

So even if God exists, he is a total dimwit and someone I wouldn't bother giving the time of day too, far less worshipping him.

The Pope

• Yadira Angelini
    Yadira Angelini

Hi Flower, it's me talking here... I have a mouth and hands to type this post to you. I have a heart that alouds me to love you and to think of you and to wish you the best... thank God!

Your friend always,

Yadira

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Well said Nemesis.

• COMF
  • gravedancer
    gravedancer

WOW FLOWER - YAHOO!!!!!!!!!

I knew there was hope for you....now read Richard Dawkins and become a proper atheist.

I am so proud of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you want some good links or reading stuff let me know...

• gumby
    gumby

Hi flower. Sounds like your saying this.....
    "I'm giving up on God because I pray to him for deliverance, to help me cope, to get a break..........and nothing ever happens!

Since nothing happens, then maybe he dosen't exists, and I am tired of him not REVEALING himself to me in some way.
    How do I know he is there for sure and if he is not........what a bunch of needless wasted time"

What if we humans are basing our belief in God, on wether he meets the criteria of how we expect him to act? He dosen't act like we percieved the scriptures say's he should actin OUR BOOK.

Did Jesus mean when he said"I will never leave or forsake you to mean ....you won't suffer much anymore.

The apostle Paul when he was stoned and left for dead, ran out of many towns, imprisoned, beaten,.......must have wondered what was up himself.

My bottom line is.......are we understanding the Bible correctly in how we percieve God?
    What of the millions of people who live christian lives who can tell of some remarkable things that have happened in there lives as they feel is a result of God.

Are they wrong?. ...

• flower
    flower

Dutchie you summed up my whole post with that one question. What is the point? There isnt one. It makes no difference. Even if I do believe in God he doesnt care about me so why should I care or try to live a certain way.

Nemisis, thats exactly the kind of stuff I'm sick and tired of hearing. If Gods not there for you then you must be doing something wrong. Not enough faith or too selfish or praying for the wrong things or wrong reason or not enough or the wrong way. Keep seeking, Keep asking, keep trying, keep believing ..whatever screw all of that. I'm sick and tired of trying to figure out how I'm supposed to be. Its selfish to ask for what you need yet if you dont have what you need its cause you dont ask for it. Or you can do good things for people but only when you want to not when you feel you should or else you are only doing it for the wrong reason. Or the right reason. hell if I know anymore. I am sick and tired. I am what I am if he doesnt want me like this then fine. I'm not trying to figure out whats right and how I am supposed to think or be anymore.

Hate to over use the phrase but its the only one that fits..SCREW IT..i'm done with that. I'm really not buying the whole thing anymore. it makes no sense at all.

I'm very happy for those who have found that a belief in GOd has improved their lives. I really am. I wish I could say the same but I cant. And I refuse to believe anymore that its cause I'm doing something wrong. I'm tired of being told to have more faith or keep on praying. I dont want to hear anymore excuses for it.

flower

• gumby
    gumby

Many examples in the Bible are given in which God steps in when we are at our lowest. He did in my case.

I won't say anymore...........I wish you the best.

• rebelledat12
    rebelledat12

Hi, I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone in your thinking. I remember asking god for a sign, any sign that he cared about me and to prove that he was real. I waited and waited and still, no sign. I was disgusted and wondered if the JWs sapped all my spirituality. (Which, of course they did, but not completely). Then I realized that I was trying too hard and forcing the issue. JWs have to present God as a neatly tied package that can be picked apart and explained. It's not that easy. I've never gotten the sign that I prayed for, but at times I feel an incredible sense of peace. It's a kind of knowing, that I am not alone. I don't understand it all the time, but I do believe in a higher power, and the spirit that is in all of us.
    You have to find your own way, and your own answers. Try to stop obsessing over it for a little while, and maybe your answer will come to you.
    I wish you joy and peace in these confusing times.
    Jessi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit