JWs Lack of Love and Feelings

by jemba 34 Replies latest jw friends

• jemba
    jemba

I have noticed the extreme lack of love in this group of people who preach love, love, love.

We recently had serious floods come through our area and the JWs couldnt have cared less. Our 'worldly' friends did sooo much for us though. Raising money, giving gifts, cards, accomodation and so much support and hard work.

I personally think JWs are one of the most insensitive, uncaring religions around.

Three religious groups were absolutely wonderful during the flooding of our area. They gave out cash, big food hampers, clothes, counselling and loving support... Now thats LOVE!

Even my own uber-dub parents really didnt care much and as wealthy as they are didnt offer us a cent.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

If they can't count the hours then they cannot spare the time.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Jemba ...It is sad but true.

Just Lois

• cantleave
    cantleave

Yep -they are totally without love or fellow feeling.

• zeb
    zeb

What! do you mean you never got to the meetings?

.....and you are entirely right.

• designs
    designs

When you let some religious leaders break the family bonds only tragic consequences follow. You can get shunned if you don't shun, how sick is that.

• Pickler
    Pickler

You are right Jemba, I've puzzled over this too. Because they talk about it all the time, yet it's only in other communities that I really saw love in action.

When I was young, we had to be so grateful for second or third hand clothes passed to us. If we gave someone a lift to the meetings they were so thankful! And of course a big show of "petrol money" everything was always marked on....wow, aren't we lucky to be in this loving brotherhood etc etc. a simple dinner invitation became some big gift that only Jehovah's organisation could have provided...blah blah blah.

When I was out, for years after I was constantly amazed at the generosity and love show by "worldlies". Just a few examples from my life.....

- caught a taxi from pireas to Athens years ago, when the driver realised I was handing over my last drachma, he refused to accept any money.

- I unexpectedly had to go into hospital with my infant daughter, was there for weeks. In the first week the night nurse took my clothes home with her & washed them & returned them 7 am the next day.

- when I was DFd & kicked out of where I was living, work friends organised 6 weeks of accomodation for me, sleeping on different people's couches ( none of them knew the truth about my situation, they just thought I was young & "flighty")

- my friends around me volunteer in so many ways, free swimming lessons for kids with disabilities, free yoga for the elderly, cooking meals at a homeless shelter, school canteen duty, dog walking at an animal shelter, accounts at sporting clubs, coaching kids etc etc

- my dad (non JW) drives elderly friends to their appointments & swimming every week. He does their gardens & walks their dogs for them.

I could go on and on, but I wanted to put some examples up, because often I read JWs expressing "but what else is there?" Or "where would we go?" As if the world is some big bad place.

and it's not bad at all.

all the generosity I have experienced, all the works I see around me, are done quietly, without any fanfare, and, it's just normal. Maybe that's what the Org is afraid witnesses will discover if they spend too much time in the world?

-

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Unfortuneately, it is true and it appears to be getting worse. Recently I got an email from a sibling and they were telling how everyone at home was doing. One relatively young brother who used to be on the CA's as an extraordinary example had been diagnosed with a cancer and was receiving chemotherapy and radiation treatments.

All my sibling could talk about was the inactivity of the young person for the last 15 years and was also critical of his father for associating with him since his diagnosis. The young man, in his 40's, has most likely lost his hair and fingernails and is in constant nausea fighting for his life, and all that can be said about him is that "he was held up as the example to all of us, now he is inactive" and sick.

Extremely dark sentiments were expressed and the obvious lack of any "natural affection". My concern is that it seems that Jw's are becoming animalistic and cannabalistic with regards to their attitude of others.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

their "love" is purely conditional. If you are getting in your hours and are a stellar example in the congregation.....you will be flooded with conditional love......especially if you are going through hard times.

• Fed-up
    Fed-up

thats what happens when you're told how to feel and what to think for so long.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit