JWs Lack of Love and Feelings

by jemba 34 Replies latest jw friends

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

"Jehovah's visible organization can use you,but can get along without you too.But you cannot get along without it.Fruitless ones are eventually pruned off and never missed as new ones are grafted in''. Pruned-off branches soon wither and die, being cut off from the circulating, life-giving sap. Likewise, if a hand or foot is cut from the human body the severed member perishes, or if it is kept inactive in a cramped position it goes to sleep, gets numb, loses its ability to move. The blood in which is the life fails to circulate to those parts, fails to bring in new food supplies and carry off waste matter. So it is with Jehovah’s visible organization. All must associate together, get the life-giving spiritual food that God circulates to his people through the organization, get the new truths that take away old ideas and the admonition that keeps down queer personal ideas, all of which keeps us fresh and strong and active, seeing eye to eye and fighting shoulder to shoulder. Don’t become a withered branch or a paralyzed foot. Don’t amputate yourself from the organization and commit spiritual suicide.—John 15:1-8.

Watchtower 1/15/50 pg.26 par.22

• jemba
    jemba

Wow, littlerockguy, that is such a 'loving' paragraph from that botchtower..... How special JWs must feel reading that crap.

Kassad84- it really is that simple... normal loving feelings are bred out of JWs at a young age, after all "those worldlies are gonna die anyway". "No use feeding them when they really need spiritual food".

If you had been a JW for nearly 40 years and been to lots of different congs in different states you would soon start to see a common denominator of very little fellow feeling and love for each other and especially for worldy people.

Even dubs I know will tell you that the love of the greater number is cooling off and they notice a lot of unloving, selfish, greedy people among the flock.

So if we are generalising here, maybe you can set us straight?

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

And for we converts, we're off the hook and don't need to feel guilty for turning down charities when they approach you for a donation, because "the new system's going to fix it all anyway".

If not for 'worldly' people I would literally be dead.

• kassad84
    kassad84

ok. it's just like saying all Germans are evil because Nazis committed atrocities. i don't feel the need argue. it's useless. you win.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Remember it's a conditional love and even then, if you are not in the right clique - forget it.

This was one of the points that I brought up at my JC - That christ said, it was by the love for one another we would identify his diciples and the one elder said that what makes us so different and gods' servants was that we were neutral and thus loved the world -----

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit