Hello

by newdawnfades 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Hi! Welcome!

Do what you have to do, it's your life. But I hope you and your family become free one day. You're already mentally free.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Welcome bro!

You'll find a lot of support and advice here. Every situation is unique though, so you'll have to feel your way a bit. Trust your instincts! It's hard after a lifetime of having them dulled by the WT, but get in tune with that part of you that has no words, yet tells you what's going on.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Welcome to the Monkey House. Kick off your shoes and stay a spell.

• bsmart
    bsmart

Welcome to the rest of your life!

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

Welcome! Take it slow and make the best decision for you and your family so you can have a happy and fulfilling life!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Welcome to the forum NDF

Which is the most likely to yield the best result? You telling your family that they have been raised in a cult, or your family telling you that you raised them in a cult?

• smiddy
    smiddy

Welcome NDF we look forward to your contributions to this forum.Take care

smiddy

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

Hello and welcome.

I am also trying to fade without destroying family relationships. Sometimes I just want to explode and tell them what I really think, it is not easy. Trying to balance this religion which you don't believe, with your own mental health and family relations can be exhausting. I know I am over it all, and I have only woken up to it a few months ago.

People here can relate, which helps. It is amazing how many stories and situations that I read here ring true. All the best with the fade, see you around the forum.

• SAHS
    SAHS

Hi newdawnfades, and welcome! I too am in my 40s, and I'm a born-in who has had a complete change of beliefs about the WT during the last twelve years or so, thanks in no small part to this great discussion board. I had thought that I probably sinned against the holy spirit (thus my username, SAHS) since my teens, but now, after learning all this important and objective information, I actually feel a lot better.

One thing I would say is that, regardless of whether or not you want to play it safe with the gradual fade approach, it's a good idea to always leave little though-provoking tidbits of information for your family in the form of a question and then let them grapple with it themselves. Kind of like the "cliff hanger" approach that JWs use with the householders in the field service - leave a question for them to think about and then get back to them later. For example, you could ask one of your family members a question about, for example, some of the many "new light" teachings from the WT that you find hard to understand comparted to earlier teachings and then offer to get together after a while to compare notes. Then offer some interesting point which you stumbled upon somethere on the Internet (don't mention any particular Web site, such as this one - just say that you forgot exactly where you got it from). Just keep dropping little crumbs of factual information relating to the actual history of the organization itself and how it relates to its current teachings.

Just be careful. Mention one simple point at a time, and discretion. And don't forget to keep up with those "cliff hangers"!

• Mum
    Mum

Welcome to freedom and infinite possibilities! I exited the borg in 1979, and got my college degree in 1984. I moved to the other end of the country to avoid running into JW's at the market or any other public place. It has worked well for me.

Wishing you the best,

SandraC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit