Hello

by newdawnfades 53 Replies latest jw friends

• newdawnfades
    newdawnfades

Hello everyone. I am a long time lurker who has finally decided to post. I am still in along with my wife, kids and extended family. I am in my 40s and was raised in the org. I have doubts about all sorts of things but also have the common problem that my life could turn into a nightmare if i were to do anything rash. I look foward to contributing to the discussions on this board.

• cofty
    cofty

Welcome newdawnfades. Its a difficult situation to be in and only you can judge what is best for you and your family in the long term.

I'm glad you decided to start posting.

Best wishes

Bill

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Welcome, take it slow and do your research. It takes time and effort but is very worthwhile.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Welcome

• Pickler
    Pickler

hello & welcome, I'm in my 40s as well, born in. Left the JW in my 20s though, so my husband & kids have never known TT...except for a few stories from me!

must be incredibly tough to be in with your family & have doubts, I hope posting will help.

look forward to hearing more from you

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Welcome,..

We've been waiting for you,...

Take it slow with your family, if your like me, initially I did not take into account that I had been doubting for years and when I found out some of the things that the WTBTS were guilty of I thought that my wife could take it all in at once, I was wrong and had to slow it way down until she was able to handle it.

She's out now thankfully.

You may already know about some of the books that will help get you through this mind mess and also will help with getting your family out, but just in case you have not seen these recommendations yet, here they are.

Jwfacts.com - Lots of great research at this site.

Combatting Cult Mind Control By Steven Hassan

Freedom of Mind: Helping Loved Ones Leave Controlling People, Cults and Beliefs: by Steven Hassan

Captives of a Concept by Don Cameron

Crisis Of Conscience by Raymond Franz

NJY

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Welcome!!

My wife and I are still in, with no intentions of committing "suicide" at the moment.

My Scriptural reasonings given to one like-minded Witness relative and a very good Catholic friend were these;

2 Thess. 2:11 - God is allowing the corruptions within the Christian congregations worldwide, whoever & wherever they are! (Rev. ch 2 & 3)

1 Peter 4:17 - God's judgement through Christ will begin with those who present themselves as Christians, whoever & wherever they are!

Ezekiel 9:4 - The sighing & groaning would be done by those within 'Jerusalem', whoever & wherever is represented here!

Matthew 24:13 - Christ said that endurance would be needed. That indicates maintaining integrity, in spite of what is going on around us!

The Bible gives numerous warnings about false teachers arising within the Christian congregations, whoever & wherever they were! Absolutely true, isn't it?

• thecrushed
    thecrushed

welcome! I had severe anxiety like i was coming off drugs when i was waking up. i self medicated with alcohol. stay away from that during this process and find a therapist to talk it out with. you will find sincere and loving friends here.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Welcome!

• Chaserious
    Chaserious

Welcome! To echo what others have said, think carefully about everything do you and say about your doubts. The organization is structured to crush dissent and ferret out dissenters.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit