Hello

by newdawnfades 53 Replies latest jw friends

• newdawnfades
    newdawnfades

Thank you for the warm welcome everybody.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Hey NDF,

Welcome to you. Alot of people like you here. Myself included. Working on my fade, but I'm only a few months in. In my 30's. People are waking up earlier now-a-days. Do what you need to for the sake of your family. Nobody knows them like you do. Start pulling them away without them realizing it.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Welcome. The nice thing about this forum is that ones on here are open minded. This forum is not like the KH, where you have to keep your thoughts to yourself or you will be branded and removed by the elders.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Welcome newdawnfades.....

We have been where you are and know how hard the first steps are. I took a long slow fade and am not d/fellowshipped and my wife now accepts the position - even if she fails to understand my "eccentricities". Dealing with entrenched family can be the hardest , they make it seem like you must be crazy to doubt it. I clung to the quote from Orwell's 1984 when he reasoned that

"Being in a minority, even a minority of one did not make you mad. There was truth and there was untruthand if you clung to the truth, even against the whole world, you were not mad"

Take care , and keep posting

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

Witam! Enjoy the ride....

• Thor
    Thor

Hi newdawnfades and welcome!

How old are your children? Things like education should be encouraged if they are old enough! Of course giving your wife and children your constant love and attention will only help you all out.....

, Mrs. Thor

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Welcome newdawnfades. I agree with you about not doing anything rash. Instead of doing something rash, read and research the WTBTS, read Steve Hassan's books that notjustyet recommended, post regularly on JWN about how you are feeling, and, if you decided that belonging to the WTBTS is not what you want to do, read threads on JWN about JWs who successfully faded to learn what issues that they discovered when fading and after fading.

If your situatation takes an unforseen and adverse turn, I recommend that you visit Steve Hassan's website to learn about professional options that are available as well as view his videos on his site to decided whether reading his books will help you. Steve Hassan's videos contain almost the same information as his books but takes less time to watch and is easy to hide from your wife by deleting the browser history until you decide that you want to read his books to learn more.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Welcome to the forum. Take your time and learn about the best ways to get your family out from so many here who have achieved it.

Loz x

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Hi! Joining the board is a big step, and it shows that you are ready to learn and have any questions that you have answered.

Have you found the search function yet? It is a pretty good search engine, and anything you are interested can be found by searching through almost 12 years of posts. There are some great threads started by some scholarly types too, and a treasure trove of info can be found.

I look forward to hearing more about you!

Have a great day!

• ambersun
    ambersun

Welcome newdawnfades! I do hope you will find this site as helpful and informative as I have done since I joined a couple or so years ago.

Just take things slowly and enjoy the time you spend researching and learning.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit