Could the JWs sway you back...?

by new22day 54 Replies latest jw experiences

• still thinking
  • donny
    donny

No way. I could never suspend all of the logical thinking required to accept their "truth."

• zeb
    zeb

If they did i would be countenencing the child abuse.

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

Last time I listened to a meeting, I almost threw up in my mouth, then disconnected the phone tie-in and played video games......So HELL NO!!!! I'm never going back!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It wouldn't be the material they are teaching from the platform. Rather, it would be the hounders that would keep hounding with no way to back down. Attend one boasting session, they make every effort to make sure you are at the next one regardless. To keep them off your back, you must agree to going to all the boasting sessions and not miss one, and then do field circus, and then do more field circus regardless. And you must obey the strictest interpretation of every rule--if your Fenix LD22 flashlight you got in case of emergencies stumbles someone, you have to throw it away. If your stash of silver stumbles someone, no more holding silver. If you got LED light bulbs and it stumbles just one person (materialism, Christmas, etc.), it has to go and the headache squiggly things have to come back out.

Without resorting to force and manipulation, there is no way I will ever go back. And I will never again believe the rubbish they teach, or that it is necessary to refrain from things Satan has declared as good for mankind. Remember, it was Satan that wanted us free at Eden, and joke-hova wouldn't let go.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

For the right compensation I could be persuaded. Every man has his breaking point!

• lriddle80
    lriddle80

I was born-in and currently all my family (mom/dad/brother/sister/grandma/uncle, etc) are still heavily in. The only way I would ever go back is if my husband and son died and I wanted to be close to them. Oh, the praise I would get if I ever did go back, my mom and dad would be "so proud" of me and the whole congregation would be full of smiles and talk to me again. But that's not the reason to go back....I was considering going back about 6 years ago, had some sisters over to my house and everything, but then when the elder showed up and gave me a stern lecture about repenting...I walked away sad...if they had given me the prodigal son reaction, I might have considered it. When I started going to a baptist church and learned that the sacrifice that Jesus made paid for MY personal sins, that's when I wanted to repent and give my life to him...something I never understood all the time I went to the meetings. That's because they were too busy arguing about what he actually died on, which isn't as important as the sacrifice itself. It's hard, though. You grow up believing that JW are the ONLY ones to be saved and they make you feel like you are leaving the ark if you leave them. I just have to trust Jesus and God's promises and leave my doubts behind. One thing, though, is that I will not go and get disfellowshipped because I don't believe my baptism was valid (my family gave us a party and a special bible when we got baptized, that's the reason I did it) and I don't want my entire family to shun me (there already is a little shunning because I go to a baptist church, according to them, I worship the devil) and also, I am not an apostate and I don't deserve it!!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Right now , I know that I could NEVER go back to the J W life. If one knows that things are not true, that the "Society" is just a group of men without any heavenly guidance, that its claims are preposterous, how can you ever follow it again?

Of course to some people that does not seem to matter at all. Surprisingly , I find that a lot of dubs are just not interested whether the teachings are true, or not. It is like the old "conversation stopper" from the "Reasoning book" "Our religion is good enough for us and we don't want to talk [or think] about it"......They seem settled in their comfortable life, and families. Witnesses like that, if they fell out for some reason, could just go back simply to pick up the life again and never consider whether or not it was really "The Truth"

Most of us on here are not of that sort. When we discovered that things were not what we believed them to be.......we had to get out !

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

It could not sway me back from being mentally out but trying to wake my wife and fade is very wearing - much tougher being patient than I expected - and it's hard not to take the path of least resistance and just plod along for the ride to keep a quiet life...

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I was swayed in while I was vulnerable to their promises and ignorant of their methods and failed promises.

I am confident that removing the ignorance removes their power. Those who go back again never really examined things enough to know the real truth about "the truth."

No way I could ever go back. No friggin' way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit