Could the JWs sway you back...?

by new22day 54 Replies latest jw experiences

• new22day
    new22day

OP based on Mr. Freeze's topic - could attending the meetings/studying again sway any of you back to the org. Hearing the propaganda over and over again is pretty powerful I'm sure.

(I'm a non-JW, non-Christian (no offense), stubborn as a bull and even I had moments of pause based on some of the doctrine (lasted 30 seconds) but I never had family/friends at stake or a background in this.)

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

It didn't really sway me when I was in. It was more like a bad habit I needed to break. Maybe that's why I don't miss it.

• Zordino
    Zordino

If you are a born in... it is more possible to get 're-brainwashed' for lack of a better word....

if a group constantly pounds a set of beliefs to a person in a group setting over and over again and your brain is already 'wired' into this belief system from childhood, or a person goes through major trauma eg; illness, death in the family etc..... there is another way a person may come back to the cult for comfort.

• Tiktaalik
    Tiktaalik

No way. Not ever.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Only if you want to. The blue pills is more likeable when its fresh

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

No way even if they had "the truth" because there was no love amongst them.

I value the company of all my exjw friends too much to lose them to the fake friendship on offer at a KH.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.................... no. After almost three years on this forum I know just how skanky this religion really is. Plus, once somebody loses their belief in God there is no way back.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

NEVER EVER EVER!!!!!

There is nothing they can say or do that will get me back there. I have family in - I won't / will never go back even for them....nope.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I think it's quite possible to go back to it. We've seen examples of that on this forum.

It depends on a lot of factors but I would think the point of whether the person has learned critical thinking skills (bullshit detection) or not is high on the list.

If someone hasnt learnt how to spot logical fallacies like circular reasoning etc then they are easy prey to being suckered in by the propaganda again, because those are exactly the techniques used, ...propaganda.

http://www.informationisbeautiful.net/visualizations/rhetological-fallacies/

• JWOP
    JWOP

Well, they'd have to drop the Governing Body crap, the making of all the books and mags crap, begin using a reputable Bible version, and overhaul all of their teachings.

Maybe then I just might wander back into a Kingdom Hall.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit