Could the JWs sway you back...?

by new22day 54 Replies latest jw experiences

• sd-7
    sd-7
    OP based on Mr. Freeze's topic

"Hi, Freeze. I'm Batman."

No. I was actually at a meeting not all that long ago, and I just couldn't believe the waaaay out of left field unnecessary interpretation of scripture one speaker gave. I mean, at this point, it's just like...nooo. It's like going back to grade school, man. Once you know what the deal is, it would be pretty hard to rejoin. There are so many holes in the system that even if the mind control powers someone mastered you, your brain would still know and you could never fully go back. There'd have to be some imagined carrot worth pursuing, and...at a certain point somewhere back there, you realize that it's a case of people believing what they want to believe because it takes too much effort to actually think about it.

--sd-7

• jam
    jam

If they drop the shunning, blood policy, the two

witness rule, one meeting a week (Sunday), no door

to door, new songs and a choir, install more windows and

admit we do not have a clue when the end will come. Oh yea,

also admit, we do not have friggin idea what the Bible is about.

I might attend occasionally with my grandkids.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Nope. Not me. Not ever.

Mind you, they got me first time round. But to go back...that would mean my brain was fried, and though they tried very hard to do that, it has now mended itself.

• new22day
    new22day

Thanks for the great (and creative) responses. So the answer is a resounding "NO" for most people here. My friend was DF'd twice (vey spiritually weak) but still went back.
    Dazed but not Confused - love the "Weekend at Bernie's" comparison. I can visualize Bernie doing the D2D work. ;) That might actually catch my interest.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

They'd have to capture me first and keep me tied up and gagged. I'd rather stab my eyes out than go to a meeting. Unless of course something really funny was going to happen like a bunch of protesters storming the KH and going up and down the aisles with signs and megaphones.

• Quendi
    Quendi

I will never have anything to do with Jehovah’s Witnesses or the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society again as long as I live.

Quendi

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

We could never go back. Once we found out about the lies and their treatment of child abuse that did it for us. We feel if we stayed then we would be part of their lies. I really feel for those that know what the truth is and they are staying because they would lose their loved ones. I don't know how they do it, I would go nuts listening to that garbage all of the time.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I would have to be a dog returning to my vomit to do that .

Apologies to all dogs

smiddy

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Once bitten, twice shy.

• mind blown
    mind blown

NO. Turns my stomach just thinking about how disgusting the lying swine GB is.......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit