by AK - Jeff 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

WOW!

That was really something else

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

It was a hoot!

The satirical overlay to all religion was obvious. 'Let's solve all these problems by reading a book'.

I imagine many Christians (and a few other believers) would not really get the obvious poke at all religion.

Part of what's so great about doing outings with other ex-JW's is that we are pretty much all going to "get it."

We won't all agree on matters, and that's okay. I think they not only poked fun at the very idea that reading a book, be it B.O.M. or the Bible would solve their problems, but they also inferred that the people who wrote the book just made things up that the people needed to hear, and if ever called on the bullshit of what was written, believers would say it was just "metaphore."

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I have to take my wife to see this on Bway. Cool!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I think this play got several Tony awards. It is a good bit of entertainment. If you have sensitivity to the F bomb, it will not be for you.

Jeff

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Did you know that General B.F. Naked (from the play) is based on a real general? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Butt_Naked

I love that one of the main characters, Elder Cunningham, has never actually read the Book of Mormon. That is actually quite typical of most Christians- they have never actually read the Bible. If they read it, it would do more to help them realize what nonsense is in it.

The Book of Mormon has won 9 Tony Awards: Best Musical being at the top of the list.

Apparently, our Chicago version had American Idol ( third place on the 7th season ) finalist, Syesha Mercado in the main female lead role of Nabulungi. She totally made her part shine through as the best singer in the bunch. Plus, she made it more realistic that some Mormon would get the hots for her.

THE BOOK OF MORMON is the winner of nine Tony Awards, including Best Musical, Best Score (Trey Parker, Robert Lopez, Matt Stone), Best Book (Trey Parker, Robert Lopez, Matt Stone), Best Direction (Casey Nicholaw, Trey Parker), Best Featured Actress (Nikki M. James), Best Scenic Design (Scott Pask), Best Lighting Design (Brian MacDevitt), Best Sound Design (Brian Ronan) and Best Orchestrations (Larry Hochman, Stephen Oremus)

Hasa Diga Eebowai

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

Hasa Diga Eebowai!

zed

• smiddy
    smiddy

This play/production is coming to Australia in the near future and I have been curious as to what it would be like . I thought I would like to see it .

Knowing that it has been around for some time , I finally searched it on this board, and found this clip.posted above .Sorry guys , but if this clip is typical of what to expect to see and hear in this show then count me out.

I can swear like the best of them ,I at one time could drink like the best of them , but I found this clip offensive .

Why ? using words like fuck and cunt to attack a GOD , and their followers , false or otherwise crosses the line , in my view.

The excuse that it is satire does not wash with me.

Nobody hates cults more than me , but I don`t agree with this.

And believe me I am no prude .

Just my 2 cents worth.

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit