Brilliant and Funny - The Book of Mormon

by AK - Jeff 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

About 15 of 'us' - all but one a former Jw, and most either familiar with this board or currently posters here - attended the play in the Chicago Theater District last night.

What a hoot! According to the geniuses [the same guys who did South Park] who were behind the production, it targetted Mormons on the way to poking fun at all religious delusion.

It was a great play, great actors, and wonderful props.

Among the funniest of songs was this one, set immediately after the Mormon Missionaries landed in Uganda. This clip does not have video, just the lyrics - you'll get the idea of how the rest of the satire goes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm6MowcttHc

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Sorry the video did not embed. Give me a sec and I shall try to embed with IE.

Jeff

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Damn IE not working well - I haven't used it for a long time. Could someone post this link as clickable. Please?

Jeff

• poppers
  • Tiktaalik
    Tiktaalik

I saw it in New York a couple of months ago. I laughed the whole way through.

It's got a special resonance for (ex)JWs. And the songs are just great!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Thanx Poppers.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

The satirical overlay to all religion was obvious. 'Let's solve all these problems by reading a book'.

I say with gusto: Hasa Diga Eebowai!

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

Jeff,

I had a great time with you Sunday! And thanks for picking me up after wrecking on the way.

zed

• Adiva
    Adiva

Good being with you folks yesterday AK and wife, Zed and OTWO. Nice of you guys to walk me to the parking lot afterward.

Look forward to seeing you all again. Hasa Diga Eebowai! (Maybe that's how we should greet each other going forward.)

Adiva

• steve2
    steve2

btt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit