Dino

Venice,
    I too feel your pain.
    For what it is worth, Im sorry.
    I can relate.
    Love, Dino

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

I know it hurts, Venice. My brother lives 10 minutes from me and I miss him like crazy. He is still a JW. I've called and called and emailed and emailed, and even driven by and invited myself in. He never reciprocates. So I DA'd him out of my life. Sometimes it's better for your emotional health just to let your JW relatives go.
    I certainly will let him back in my life if he ever leaves the Borg.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

(((Ven))) I'm sorry hon! I know how this sucks. I remember getting presents from my Grandmother as a child and loving them. Only having to give them back once my Dad came home from work and saw what she did. And she wasn't even a JW!!! I swear - if the WTS told the ranknfile to kill apostate family members...I wonder how many would do it. Unfortunately, my gut tells me probably most!

Andi

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

Hey thanks everyone I needed that

Ya I quit trying to reach out a while back, because it was too hard, the constant rejection and suspense of not knowing. the balls in her court!

But my parents still like to send stuff and I've told them how I feel, but everyones different. I just hate to see them keep putting themselves in a position to get hurt.

Ven

"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, and dance like no one is watching!!!"

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

I feel sorry for your parents. It's their granddaughter and they love her and they want to show it. They can't just ignore her and I guess they have to keep trying. Its crummy, I know. Hopefully, when your niece grows up she will come to appreciate that she has an aunt and grandparents who always loved her. I hope so.

• rhett
    rhett

First of all, sorry to hear about what happened Venice. I think most of us here have had to deal with some sort of shunning BS like this. Just remember you're not the only who has to deal with sort of stuff.
    Second of all......

You can't blame your sister... It's not her fault. She thinks she is doing the right thing.

What a load of crap!!! You can too blame her! She's the one doing it. She's the one that should be held responsible for her actions. There's only one person responsible for her actions and that's her. If I went out and did anything to hurt anyone for any reason what so ever it would be my own fault. Instead of always trying to make people out to be better than they really are face the facts that if someone is an ass its because they chose to be an ass regardless of the reasons. People need to take responsibility for their own actions and stop trying to blame them on everyone else.

Back down the bullies to the back of the bus
    Its time for them to be scared of us

• seedy3
    seedy3

I'm sorry to hear about that Ven. I often wonder what is going through the minds of these dubs that totally shun family members. The fortunate thing for me is although I am DF'd and my parents are still JW, as well as one sister, I am not shunned, I call my mom on a somewhat regular basis, and she appreciates it. When I'm in the states we as a family get together for a family reunion of sorts, and even my JW sister shows up for it.

There are laws in most states that give visiting rights to grandparents, perhaps that might help, they can get regular schedualed visits, but it depends on the states.

Hang in there Ven

Seedy

• Gopher
    Gopher

Venice,

What a complete buzz-kill your sister's actions are. But in the long run, things will balance out. Somehow. We can't know how or when, but at some point when your niece is older, you and your parents may get some sort of reward for your patience.

Other than that, it sux right now. So sorry to hear, especially for your folks. (The way the JW's think scares me. I hope I, when a JW, wouldn't have returned a nice gift given with good intentions. Geez.)

-J.R., member, UADNA-MN
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America - Minnesota division)

This post was not evaluated by any mental health professionals.
    Any opinions expressed are those of a fuzzy, cuddly rodent.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

((((V)))) I'm so sorry.

Please give your parents a hug for me.

j2bf

• Kismet
    Kismet

Itis a real shame that your sister cannot take it as it is. A grandparent's natural love for their grandchild.

Why do witnesses have to make evreything into a religious issue.

I am so sorry for your parent's hurt and for your getting re-hurt all over.

There is a new program up here for older folks kinda like big brother or big sister organizations but it let's kids 'adopt a grandparent'. I am not sure if something like tha texists down your way but if so, it could be a nice outlet for some of the love that your parent's obviously have.

Hoping all else is going well for you.

Kismet

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit