Who will go to heaven?

by misty 60 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

:But it seems that no one else is paying attention. Do we really get this blahhzaaa after a while?

I've certainly been paying attention. Much more attention, in fact, than I did as a witness. But a skeptical look at the evidence has convinced me that the Bible could not possibly be from a supernatural source, in other words, it isn't inspired of God.

If you have any evidence otherwise, I'll give it full attention.

• misty
    misty

Sixofnine:

Why do you feel that the Bible is not inspired of God? Are the prophecies, and the scientific and medical knowledge in advance not clues to such? Is the fact that it is still around intact, or the fact that it is filled with good counsel for life not evidence of a loving provider?

• Adonai438
    Adonai438

Dear Misty;
    Everyone who puts their faith in the true God will go to heaven-- I think we agree on this . One cannot just pick whatever they'd like to be true, blieve it with all their heart, and make truth happen that way.
    For example: You're in an airplane about to go sky diving. There is a line of parachutes agaist the wall for you to choose from. The hitch? Only one of the sacks has a parachute in it- the rest are empty. Now, you can either just pick one, strap it on and believe that you have a working one and jump--- or you can take time to examine and pick out the working one. Sounds stupid not to check it out huh? Believing and hoping sincerely doesn't change which one holds the parachute, does it?
    Same way with truth/true God. There is one truth out there. We can either take a blind leap of faith or we can examine to find the truth.
    FYI: Deciding not to believe in God period can be just as big of a blind leap of faith as arbitrarily picking a religion.

OK, sidetracked As to the rest of your question, rapture, ranks etc... it's kind of more than one question. The Bible does teach the rapture. People disagree to when it will occur (pre,mid,post-trib) but it will happen. I believe that the scriptures teach pre-tribulation rapture. I don't believe the scripture teach ANYWHERE that there is an earned ranking system within heaven. I have studied the bible extensively and read it in its entirity several times and would be quite interested as to where this author is drawing this doctrine from in the scriptures. The Bible referes to Christians recieving different crowns-- for various things like spreading the gospel, longing for his comming, matyrdom, etc... but those don't mean any person has a different rank or that one is better than the other. We won't have to 'work' in heaven/eternity. The work is finished Revelation in the period of Jesus' millenial reign does speak of christians ruling over the nations of the earth. This is a detailed subject though and would like to chat/write with you further on this maybe through e-mail? your address is restricted so please e-mail me
    Thanks! God bless,,
    <>< Angie

• misty
    misty

Yes, the rank thing did send me for a spin! I had never this in the Bible either! But something has got to make sense in this since the Master gave a varying amount of talents to the slaves, and each did what they could with the talents (except for the evil slave of course). Does that not imply that we would be rewarded according to what we accomplish with our talents?

• curlers
    curlers

This is such an interesting topic. I was raised as a JW and df'd at 20. Its so ingrained in you that its hard to think there could be other senarios. At least, you can get a basic knowledge of somethings in the Bible that the JWs don't mix-up. Also, being raised as a JW, for me, left me with no desire to belong to any organized religion. Its been 21 years and I don't trust religion. All religions, Christian, Allah and Judeo seem to deal in semanitics. Christians believe in heaven and hell and JWs believe in paradise on earth (JW version of heaven) or just death (JW version of hell.) Born-again Christians believe that a person is heaven bound when they accept Jesus as Lord and Savior, even if they're on their deathbed and have led less than a Christian life. Well, that doesn't seem fair so that leads me to believe that they're could be a ranking system where newbies would still have to be taught or prove themselves. Who knows? I think we go somewhere when we die and I'd like to believe that if there are ranks that JWs like my parents would be at the lowest rank. I know my parents are evil just misguided and I got to believe there some justice somewhere for all the pain JWs give.

• rhett
    rhett
    the scientific and medical knowledge in advance not clues to such?

Hahahahahahahahahahaha
    Yeah, the oh so wonderful scientific knowledge that's so far ahead of its time in the bible is proof enough to believe in it. Yes, the earth was created in six days. The order of things appearing over those six days is right on the money. If you just look at the beginning of the bible for scientific proof of how wonderful and inspired the bible is you can get a pretty good idea of accurate it is.
    If this is supposed to be gods instruction book to man kind then why would you need to figure anything out? Why would he make such an important book so vague and hard to understand? If I'm going to write an instruction manual for a VCR I'm not going to write the instructions with a bunch of symbolism or in ways that people have to search for ways to understand. I'd be a horrible writer and would lose my job in a heartbeat for it. That's a manual for something rather insignificant and unimportant. If its a manual for something so important as my eternal life I want something plain and simple that's not hard to find or understand. When god (in whatever form you may believe) sends a clear, easy to understand, readily available message to all of mankind I'll believe it. Until that time I'll not devote my life to following something that no one can completely understand.

Back down the bullies to the back of the bus
    Its time for them to be scared of us

• misty
    misty

Rhett:
    If today the Bible said only: "Give your life to Jesus and do everything he says!" Would you drop everything and do it?

• misty
    misty

Curlers: I feel for you. You say it has been 21 years and you are still not certain what to believe? Do your parents or relatives talk to you? Or have they totally given you up? But you know that the scriptures simply say to put your trust in Jesus and you will have eternal life. Never mind what people say about anything else. I was fortunate that when I DA'd, I lost all my friends and those of all my kids etc but my family had never been JW's and did not care what I believed in or what I practiced. It made it easier since I still had some sort of support system.

• rhett
    rhett
    If today the Bible said only: "Give your life to Jesus and do everything he says!" Would you drop everything and do it?

No!!!!! I need some sort of irrefutable proof that the bible (or any book for that matter) is as wonderful as it says it is.
    I've got a piece of paper sitting in my living room that says "Send rhett all your money." The amazing thing is someone else wrote on the paper this morning and said "rhett will want money" although the name "john" is scratched out with "rhett" writen above it. There's also "The boiling point of water is 67 degrees" written on it. Now the only question is, how are you going to send me your money? There's a paper with amazing prophesy as well as scientific acuracy just the same as what's found in the bible so you should send me your money. I'll be expecting payment immediately or else you'll be subject to the incoherant ramblings written by my friend that talks about this weird dream he had last night after eating some really spicy food.

Back down the bullies to the back of the bus
    Its time for them to be scared of us

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Is it just me, or does 'Misty's rantings have an incredible resemblance to yoyoidiot?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit