Who will go to heaven?

by misty 60 Replies latest jw friends

• misty
    misty

I know that Jw's say only 144,000. However, I just read a book called "As Time Runs Out" by Robert Jeffress and he claims that all Christians who have received Jesus will be picked up at the rapture. But, he says, we will not all have the same rank in heaven. He claims that different responsibilities will be assigned. I know what you are saying: ' I had so much responsibility and stuff to do, all I want is to float on a cloud. I don't want to work anymore in heaven.' But it will be fullfilling.
    He also adds something interesting. If we share our faith out of concern for others, God considers it gold. If we do it out of duty, He sees it as wood. If we give materially, God sees it as silver if it is out of concern and compassion, but grudgingly, He sees it as straw.
    Where will we be? Are we going to be picked up at the rapture? or are we going to be carried into the tribulation. If so, does that mean we arenow an unbeliever?
    And if we are an unbeliever, why would we ever have been part of JW to begin with? How can one be a JW and not a believer - only a fool would put themselves through so much effort for no goal of everlasting life?

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

Hmm, that's interesting. You know, I never believed in heaven before, but since this guy in the book says it's true, it must be. Sign me up!

• Francois
    Francois

Everyone will go.

FT

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Hi Misty, well everyone has an opinion of heaven, who is going there, how many are going there, when they are going there and now your book tells you that there are even classes in heaven. The truth is that no one knows for sure if there even is a heaven. If you believe in heaven, it takes faith because no one has been there and come back to report to mankind what it is like. However, if your idea of heaven gives you peace, then go with that, for peace with our beliefs is really all we poor humble humans can realistically expect.

• misty
    misty

It is not just a question of peace but of everlasting peace. Think of this: if someone was just called by their insurance agent and told that they should up their insurance an extra 50 K. And they want to think on it for a while. Then that night the fire consumes all but the family comes out safe. Sure, they are glad that the family is out ok. But they could have covered the house and all and did not. What if in heaven we find out that we made it safe but we could have had it easier and better - for eternity. Would we not think that the few measly years of effort down here would have been worth an eternity of peace and ease?

• rhett
    rhett

I'm with Naeb. I never believed in heaven but since some guy wrote a book about it as well as talked about the different levels of it then I guess I'll just have to throw all logic out the window and believe what he says. Whew!!! I'm glad I read this thread! I might have been a janitor in heaven sweeping up after the great big parties with the apostles up there. Then again, if the work will be fulfilling no matter what you do I guess the whole thing about worrying about what class I'd be in is kind of pointless. We are so lucky this guy died, went up to heaven, checked it all out, took good notes, and came back to tell us about it. Not only that but he was able to sneak a peak at god's datebook and see that there's going to be this great big rapture bringing all christians up to heaven. Why haven't more people heard of this man and his wonderful book yet? Surely someone who has had such an amazing experience should be famous! I mean, no one in the entire history of man have been able to do anything other than give a guess as to what happens after we die and not only did this guy come back, he figured out the class system of heaven, took notes, and even snuck a peak at god's datebook while he was gone.

Back down the bullies to the back of the bus
    Its time for them to be scared of us

• misty
    misty

Rhett:
    Are you so turned off the scriptures that none of them are valid any more. Or are you turned off anyting anyone writes? Or are you just getting your kicks at anyone who is trying to make sense of all of this?

• mouthy
    mouthy

Yes but to get there( Heaven) you have to go through the Door,Gate,
    mediator,& in the book I am reading it says that is JESUS!!!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I was about to join up, just like Naeblis, but then I thought about it, and I decided that Robert Jeffress, much like Pastor Russell, is no doubt quite insane and therefore not worthy of my consideration.

Tell me misty, what do you know about the man that would make you think he has an inside connection to god?

• misty
    misty

Well, I don't really care about any man that thinks he has a connection to God - not after being a JW so long and having trusted in Russell and Rutherford and so on. But I have been reading a few lines on end of time prophecies and they seem to jive. They are written by several different guys - different backgrounds seems like, but they seem to think that the prophecies of Daniel, Ezekiel and Jeremiah,coincide with what Rev adds. And I find it interesting that they seem to point to the same understanding.Coincidence?

Maybe I am too recently DA but I cannot seem to shake it. I know that Jesus is the only mediator or the only channel - that is why I DA'd. But it seems that no one else is paying attention. Do we really get this blahhzaaa after a while?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit