Just my little story

by MinistryOfTruth 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Hello and welcome aboard! Good to have you join us.

Loz x

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Welcome!

• happy@last
    happy@last

Welcome, you've made some good choices already.

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

WELCOME

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

welcome...

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

Welcome!

G

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

MinistryofTruth,

I have been out 27 years and I am going to tell you exactly what I told both my sons, who had the advantage of not being raised a JW:

The world is your oyster, and with education, you have an opener in every pocket. Follow your passions, whatever they be; the money will follow.

My eldest is a chemical engineer and my youngest is in med school.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Welcome MOT. I read 1984 in high school and I didn't see the connection. Now I couldn't wish not too. Interesting how we change.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

WELCOME! Glad to have you here.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

M.O.T., welcome to this forum. Virtually everyone here is affected by Jehovah's Witnesses. It's great to hear that you are out with no family shunning. I don't know your family, but many JW's are decent people who just follow the rules and allow themselves to justify shunning as something they have to do to obey Jehovah. Many of those same decent people don't shun those who were never baptized or, as is my case, those that just stopped going but were never disfellowshipped.

Others may still be decent people, but are so mentally trapped in Watchtower that they feel the need to shun the disfellowshipped and even the family members that just stopped going or never got baptized.

Get a good education and let a good life be your best answer to why you don't need to go to the Kingdom Hall.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit