Just my little story

by MinistryOfTruth 32 Replies latest jw friends

• MinistryOfTruth
    MinistryOfTruth

Hello all,

I have been lurking here for about a month or two. It is really awesome to read so many similar experiences.

For example, when I was still 'in' I wondered if I was the only one in the hall that really hated the meetings. And also hearing the same cr!p afterwards: that was a wonderful meeting, what a wonderful new book and blablabla. Then those stories how blessed there were and didn’t lose hope and finally found some bread when they were hungry... Back then I wondered how they got hungry in the first place.

Well anyway. My whole family is in the organization. LUCKYLY I am not baptized. So they don’t shun me and threat me normal (they are probably liberal or are still convinced that I might change my mind and go back to the 'truth'). I stopped going a couple of years ago when I was a teenager. I didn’t leave because I was a rebel, but I realized that it was just not something I could believe in and dedicate my life to. Several people that I knew talked about all their false prophecies like 1975, the generation,...so I discovered TTATT thanks to them and without the internet. 1984 from George Orwell also really helped me a lot to discover TTATT. From that point onwards the meetings were twice as hard to attend and I was constantly looking for excuses to skip meetings. Finally after a couple of mouths I faded. Of course my family encouraged me to attend meetings but I told them I needed more time to study and some personal time to consider things.

Currently I am at college so basically I can do whatever I want (in a responsible way). I just made this topic to share with you guys that I am really happy that I was never baptized and currently my life is really good. I am so glad that my family doesn't shun me, although I am aware that other families in the org. would.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Welcome

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome!

• Giordano
    Giordano

(in a responsible way) That's great! Welcome and good luck with college. My wife and I left when we were in our twenties well befor the internet. Books were a key part of learning the TTATT.

• Bella15
    Bella15

Welcome ...

Awesome you are in college ... Congratulations!

• Londo111
    Londo111

Welcome, MinistryOfTruth! I like the 1984 reference.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Good to have have you here. Best of luck in college! (although luck should have nothing to do with it. . . )

• finally awake
    finally awake

The fact that you are in college makes me think that your family may well be on the liberal side, which is good. It's great that you are free from the mental chains the borg puts on people.

• cofty
    cofty

Welcome MOT.

" Back then I wondered how they got hungry in the first place" - That made me laugh.

• whathappened
    whathappened

Welcome and good luck. Glad to see you have chosen the wise path and are getting an education.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit