I am in LOV.....I mean LIKE!!!

by MsGrowingGirl20 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• MsGrowingGirl20
    MsGrowingGirl20

Hi alll! How are u all? Well, I'm good!

I haven't been to the Hall in like 5 months. School's great.

So, there's this guyyyyy.....and......

I REALLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYY like him!

The thing is we've known eachother and have been talking for abt 5 years now. His parents are Jdubs (kind of weak), his uncles are elders and Circuit Overseers

He was the one who stuck with me and tried to help me work through my religion problems (He doesn't believe obviously but was never baptised so his parents still talk with him) He knew me before this religion, kept talking to me even though i stressed him about not being baptised and was very self-righteous towards him. He helped me out of that religion. We spent many nights on the phone discussing this religion and other topics over the past 9 months.

He likes me also and wants to take me out on a date (Just to see the movies ) But....i'm scared.

I REALLY LIKE HIM...like really...

But what about his family? They will HATE me! I was baptised and i left...I can only imagine the stress that lies ahead.

I told him how i feel and he keeps on re-assuring me that we will work through it but i'm not so sure.

I don't want to cause problems in his life and he keeps telling me don't worry but i know that things change.

He tells me that his parents are not so into the religion any more BUT they go to every meeting still though

I really like him and want to go out with him but...What do you'll think?

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

woo hoo I love being In .. like.. LOL

not everyone is ultra dub.. some people that are dubs don't shun .. sounds like his parents might be cool..

I hope it all works out for you

good luck

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

You are just talking about dating him? Or do you think you will fall madly in love, get married and have babies? Dating him? Eh, who cares what his family thinks. Marriage? In laws do matter and do either help or strain a marriage.

• MsGrowingGirl20
    MsGrowingGirl20

I want to be his wife! maybe i'm just young and dumb but that's how I feel....

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

He tells me that his parents are not so into the religion any more BUT they go to every meeting still though

Doesn't sound like he's being totally straight with you. Not a good way to start a relationship.

I'll not be any more judgemental than that.

Good luck.

Doc

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

warning bells are flashing...

personally you need a relationship for your future that will take you away from the JWs. This guy is one step closer sorry.

And marriage? slow down girl!

Oz

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Shaking head... facepalm .

Keep us posted Girl.

We are here for the highs of life and the lows. Who knows how this is going to play out in the months and years ahead.

It is called Life.

Just Lois

• happy@last
    happy@last

Sounds like he's been a great friend, but you need to slow down. There's no harm in friends going to the movies, but giving him your heart doesn't sound a good idea at this time.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi MsGrowingGirl20, Like others have said. Slow down and get to know him first. If after dating him for 6 months to a year, your feelings may change for him. If not, then you will have a lot to discuss. Don't get married to him until you both are confident that neither of you will ever be controlled by other people and dangerous cults.

In the mean time, enjoy the intoxicating feelings that you have for him.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• WifeyWHisme1970
    WifeyWHisme1970

Just a reminder msgrowinlady ;-) that I am an apostate with in laws that "strongly dislike" me because I am, in their mind, taking their son away from Jehovah. They already shunn me. I promise you that the mother n law relationship is hard enough to bare without jw issues destroying it completely. But like is like and if I would have listened to wise people my whole life, I would have definitely visited different planets than I did! Meaning I could have saved myself a lot of pain and heartache in my early years. I didn't listen and you most likely won't either! Everyone learns their own way through life, mine was the hard way. I pray you choose the most peaceful. Agape Love for all you meet and putting others before yourself, will give you that! You will know what is right when you meet his mother. Open and honesty with her will be key to see if you can marry him without in law crisis! PM me if you need anything!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit