Fictious "Universal Sovereignty" Issue Proposed By Watchtower Corporation Is Idiotic

by frankiespeakin 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

maisha:

Your post makes a lot of sense and these exact thoughts went through my mind over the years even though I pushed them out of my head.

But the questions you raised still remain.

Whether or not there is a real issue of universal sovereignty, I believe the religion uses this "device" to guilt-trip and manipulate.

• Fed-up
    Fed-up

This is from "SOVEREIGNTY", Insight on the Scriptures, volume 2...

"Jehovah permitted the issue to be joined. Not, however, because he was unsure of the righteousness of his own sovereignty. He needed nothing proved to himself. It was out of love for his intelligent creatures that he allowed time for the testing out of the matter. He permitted men to undergo a test by Satan, before all the universe. And he gave his creatures the privilege of proving the Devil a liar, and of removing the slander not only from God’s name but also from their own. Satan, in his egotistic attitude, was ‘given up to a disapproved mental state.’ In his approach to Eve, he had evidently been contradictory in his own reasoning. (Ro 1:28) For he was charging God with unfair, unrighteous exercise of sovereignty and, at the same time, was evidently counting on God’s fairness: He seemed to think that God would consider Himself obliged to let him live on if he proved his charge concerning the unfaithfulness of God’s creatures."

THIS IS STUPID. So, Satan, as a perfect, spirit being didn't think his rebellion through? Give me a break. The best though: That Satan was "evidently" counting on God's fairness and "He seemed to think"...

So, based on the GOVERNING BODY OF JEHOVAHS WITNESSES, admittedly not inspired but spirit directed interpretation of scripture, Satan was "in a disapproved mental state", which caused him to be "evidently contradictory in his reasoning" and then offer this gem, Satan "seemed to think...".

So these GB HUMANS are not only telling us now what GOD feels and thinks, but are able to accurately deduce the THINKING and REASONING of a "mentally disapproved", "contradictory", "rebellious" spirit creature with an "egotistical attitude".

For arguments sake, when you deal with a person with those traits, do you really take them seriously? I don't. IF ANY of this is even close to true, why Jehovah took Satan seriously is beyond me. But then, I'm just a human.

"DO NOT PUT YOUR TRUST...IN THE SON OF EARTHINLING MAN, TO WHOM NO SALVATION BELONGS" Ps. 146:3

In all honesty, the GB of today sounds like Satan. Contradictory, rebellious, and egotistical. That is just my opinion.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Fed,

Thanks for the quote from the Insight into the mind of the Governing Body/The Scriptures book. I don't have access to a cd with it on it.

God how did I ever beleive any of this shit it's so dumb it is embassing to admit I once beleived it. The guy who wrote this is highly delusional to say the least if he really believed the crap he wrote.

I had to post it on anther thread:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/246893/1/Jehovah-Got-What-It-Takes-To-Spawn-Mind-Control-Cults-Run-By-Those-Who-Have-Narcissistic-Personality-Disorder#4673087

• Apognophos
    Apognophos
    He permitted men to undergo a test by Satan, before all the universe.

If I were one of the angels observing this challenge, I don't think I'd be impressed by God's decision to let imperfect man try to rule himself under Satan's influence for 6000+ years. I think I'd be like, "Um, God, you know what? It's okay, really. Me and the other guys have been talking, and Satan's totally being an ass. Really, just go ahead and destroy him. I don't think there's any need to make man, animal and planet suffer for millennia to make your point." Then again, I wasn't there. Maybe the angels are asses too.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I'm sure this reasoning exist to this day as it has never been corrected and the Governing Body function on the same level in their own thinking and dealing with issues that effect millions of lives.

I'm thinking this type of thinking would also be the salve to put on their cognitive dissonance to easy the pain and that they would react violently toward anyone who called this understanding into question.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Fed,

I think you hit the nail right on the head:

In all honesty, the GB of today sounds like Satan. Contradictory, rebellious, and egotistical. That is just my opinion.

This is a mental projection of which Satan is the emotional hook, we can see the Governing Body have those qualities but the Governing Body don't see it because they are stuffing it into their shadow and projecting it onto God's supposed enemy.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Fed,

I would call this projected wishful thinking delusion:

"Jehovah permitted the issue to be joined. Not, however, because he was unsure of the righteousness of his own sovereignty. He needed nothing proved to himself. It was out of love for his intelligent creatures that he allowed time for the testing out of the matter. He permitted men to undergo a test by Satan, before all the universe. And he gave his creatures the privilege of proving the Devil a liar, and of removing the slander not only from God’s name but also from their own. Satan, in his egotistic attitude, was ‘given up to a disapproved mental state.’ In his approach to Eve, he had evidently been contradictory in his own reasoning. (Ro 1:28) For he was charging God with unfair, unrighteous exercise of sovereignty and, at the same time, was evidently counting on God’s fairness: He seemed to think that God would consider Himself obliged to let him live on if he proved his charge concerning the unfaithfulness of God’s creatures."

Twisted thinking of a Narcissistic Personality projected onto his Deity of adoration. With the beleiver's shadow projection in the form of Satan thinking the beleiver's suppressed evil thoughts about himself which he refuses to recognized. Surely they have not integrated their shadow but are running from it makeing one's life very shallow and hardly conscious only on the surface are they in touch with themselves.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Lets hear some Sympathy For The Devil:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBecM3CQVD8

• bugger510i812
    bugger510i812

HEY EVERYBODY I really believe that if someone has a problem with there being a universal soveriegn then they probably don't believe in or have faith in anything except there own views or opinions which makes them kind of like the very people they're talking about.I believe that Jehovah is the true soveriegn and that what we view as far as how time is looked at by God ., we need to remember that God created time ,,or we wouldn't have any. Allen A K A BUGGER

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

After millions and millions of years.... when the omnipotent and ever wise jehovah decides to create the humans a universe to house them a little talking snake tells a lie and the whole thing goes bezerk.

Of course that instead of deleting all fix the problem and start again he decides to do a mickey mouse job.

God is mexican.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit