Not the most gripping plot in Caleb's latest adventure...

by cedars 36 Replies latest jw friends

• cedars
    cedars

lol cantleave. I suspect it will be Lesson 578 before Caleb is forced to shave off his beard in his never-ending quest to not make Jehovah sad!!

Cedars

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Well I'm sure all the merchants of the earth and those that make their living selling goods should feel grateful for this video as their profits will increase now that all the JW kiddies know what it takes to be Jehovah's friend, I heard it from a good source, that Jehovah's doing an inventory and divorcing all the lollipop stealing kids this quarter.

I wonder if some child could make to the list of Jehovah friend if he eats his own boogers, it could possibly bar him depending on how many times he warned by the Governing Body as they might classify this as a highly unnatural act worthy of shunning if unrepentant.

• jgnat
    jgnat

The whole thing is designed to prime the kid to self-monitor and obey. It stinks that the kid won't build an internal moral compass based on compassion, but rather it "makes Jehovah sad".

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

At least SUPER BOOK was entertaining and had some style due to the hand-drawn animation.. This show preached the Gospel and reached a wide audience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRSEUKLkJcU

• Bella15
    Bella15

They are teaching moral concepts within their organization culture and version of God context ... that's why a lot of JWs go on and do this very same things to others which do not belong to their cult with no shame. They think it is okay and "Jehovah understands" if you steal/defraud/gossip/hate wordly people - their brain is twisted/wired that way.

Stealing goes way beyond than pleasing God ...

• aposta-Z
    aposta-Z

What kind of friend is Jehovah anyway?
    If I had a friend with a stealing problem, I'd try to help my friend out. I would not abandon them. Especially a young child.

That's the difference between me and Jehovah.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

You know, I was raised as a Methodist until the age of 12, and I learned the same concept - stealing is wrong - without the aid of the Watchtower Society or the threat of the disapproval of a supernatural being.

• therevealer
    therevealer

Yup, I was lutheran and when I was caught stealing a phone call to my mom got me a good old fashioned whooping. She was probably no bigger than me and certainly not as fast. But my "moral compass" dictated that I could not run or fight back. I was about 10 years old and my father had passed away earlier.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

In WT land, it doesn't take much for Jehovah's buttons to be pushed which results in an instantainous Friendship loss for even tolders with minor infractions which ultimately lead to death at armegeddon.

They should have encluded a connect the dots picture of Lots wife turning to salt over lossing Jehovah's friendship for looking back on the destruction of her home and material posessions in this video it would have given a stronger picture to these young ones of just how serious it is to loose Jehovah's friendship over a triffle. Instead they chose to water it down to avoid internet criticism.

Infact they could have included the childs memory imagination not only of the person(parent) reading to him about being Jehovah's friend but also a picture of his memory of connecting the dots for Lots Wife becoming a pillar of salt.

• dmouse
    dmouse

This reeks of making an episode to be as innocuous as possible - they are obviously still smarting from the Sparlock debacle.

It interesting that the video doesn't really teach anything, for example WHY stealing is bad.

All it teaches is just mindless obedience.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit