Not the most gripping plot in Caleb's latest adventure...

by cedars 36 Replies latest jw friends

• cedars
    cedars

http://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/family/children/become-jehovahs-friend/videos/stealing-is-bad/

Caleb sees some brightly-colored lollies.

Caleb's Mom tells him they're not buying candy today.

Caleb puts down the lollies, sulking.

Caleb thinks about stealing just one lolly, but remembers his Dad's words at family study, that if he steals he won't be Jehovah's friend.

Caleb puts back the lolly smiling, and runs along.

Hardly a gripping plot. This series has gone downhill since Sparlock left!

Cedars

• 00DAD
    00DAD

They should learn from Goofus & Gallant:

Goofus & Gallant

• Splash
    Splash

Stealing is bad, mmkay.

• Fed-up
    Fed-up

i was hoping it would be easter candy! glad i don't have to watch it now. What I love is the idealism the WT Corp depicts.

ANIMATE THIS:

Show us what Calebs mom and Dad would do if he DID steal the candy.

Or, what about all the kids whose dads enjoy a cold one after work, don't conduct the Family Worship Night, have no interest JW's but are good men and good dads anyway...

Or, When Caleb has sold a vehicle and encourages the buyer to write whatever he wants on the Bill of sale to avoid taxes...

And, just for illness sake, How the animators capture the slack jaws of disbelief on Caleb's parents faces when the "two witness rule" is explained to them, then told not to contact the athorities or they can be disciplined for "slander"...

sorry cedars. just feeling ranty

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Here's an updated version for the WTBTS:

WT's Goofus and Gallant

• cedars
    cedars

They should do an episode like South Park's "Trapped In The Closet" where Caleb gets sucked into a cult without knowing it.

Oops, forgot. He's already in one!!

Cedars

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

Yawn,

zed

• jgnat
    jgnat

It would be a little more dramatic tale if Caleb went through with his enterprise and his mom and dad had a "teaching moment". I had one with my son.

I loved Goofus and Gallant! I only got to see them at the doctor's office along with the Mormon illustrated children's bible.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Wow, a whopping 2 minute video. This "reaching the hearts of little ones" seems to be fading really fast. WT is no competition for PBS.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Decisions..Decisions..

Watching a New WBT$ Caleb Video..

Or..

Watching Paint Dry..

.................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif ... OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit