THIS NEEDS ITS OWN THREAD:: TODAY's WT Paragraph 16

by Lied2NoMore 72 Replies latest jw friends

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

I saw one review where the person said they stopped reading it because of the historical inaccuracies. It might be similar to the movie Gladiator, in that while it is historically accurate in some aspects, it is not suppose to be a history lesson, it was created for entertainment.

I think this book may be more Shindler's List than maybe something like Braveheart, as far as trying to stay true to history, but that is only my take on it after doing some quick searching on the google machine on my Internet thing. Not written to educate but written to entertain, with plenty of sex and violence.

• blondie
    blondie

*** w72 7/1 p. 415 Questions From Readers ***

Large numbers of Christians are said to have been put to death during the Roman persecution in the first few centuries of the Common Era. How, then, is it possible for thousands in this century to have been called to become part of the body of Christ composed of only 144,000 persons?—U.S.A.

There are historical indications that many Christians were bitterly persecuted, even killed, in the first few centuries. However, it should be remembered that, in itself, a martyr’s death did not give a person merit before Jehovah God nor did it guarantee membership in the heavenly kingdom. Many persons, even in recent times, have been willing to die for a cause, religious or otherwise. A person’s claiming to be a Christian and even dying for his belief does not in itself mean that he is an approved servant of Jehovah God.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5
    but CO was non-stop eye fucking me while he was on stage

That sounds painful and messy. This religion keeps getting crazier.

• Lied2NoMore
    Lied2NoMore

@2+2=5..I'm sure he was notified by elders about my police report I made for their harassment...I think he was trying to analyze me with all his qualifications he has earned filling out monthly time slips...

• blondie
    blondie

5.0 out of 5 stars Daniel P. Mannix's magnum opus May 13, 1999 By A Customer Format: Mass Market Paperback Probably the most provocative work of historical fiction published this century,"Those Who Are About To Die" is pure Mannix at his best. A uncensured exploration of what likely took place in the circuses of ancient Rome. Filled with all the bloodshed, sadism, torture, sex and beastiality that Mannix could reasonably document. Just as fascinating today as when it became a cult classic thirty years ago. Mannix is the only author brave enough to make a career out of documenting man at his most inhuman. Hard to believe he also wrote the story for Disney's "The Fox and the Hound"! If you liked "Caligula" you'll love "Those Who Are About To Die"! But don't forget to follow-up with his "The History of Torture", and "The Hell Fire Club" if you can find a copy. This was a review by one customer from 1999. Is there a review by an identified individual in the official world of historians? http://www.amazon.com/Those-About-Die-Daniel-Mannix/dp/0345242408

• Lied2NoMore
    Lied2NoMore

Once I have the actual book in hand...if it is factual and based on research there will be references from his research listed in the book. If no refrences this needs its own topic heading on jwfacts dot com / jwsurvey dot com...etc. I volunteer to write the article if they will post it

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

@Lied2NoMore- Yes many CO's feel that the stage in the Kingdom Halls is where they get to announce all Jehovah's judgements that have been divinely revealed to them. Well done on the police report, higher authorities... Romans 13 I think lol.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

OMG Lied2!!! I was researching that quote last night! I was expecting to find the typical WT misquote. I was suprised that the Author was not misquoted. It got late, and I never went to the next step. So instead of misquoting a non-fiction Historical work, they give an accurate quote from a work of Fiction?!?!?!? WTH!!! LIES, LIES, LIES!!!

" im tempted to cut and paste amazon review of that FICTIONAL NOVEL on my FB page "

You should do that. Their deceit knows no limits apparently. Awesome find Bro! Lesson learned for me! Always check their quotes, and always go to the next level because they are not to be trusted.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Please let us know if this is an actual work of fiction. If it is then I will not hesitate to point it out to the Elders, CO, whoever.. I want to know that I am right before I do.

This whole quote made me think of something else. I will start a seperate thread about it. Maybe some of our scholars and researchers can give their thoughts.

• Red Piller
    Red Piller

this from a review on amazon.com

"Probably the most provocative work of historical fiction published this century,"Those Who Are About To Die" is pure Mannix at his best. A uncensured exploration of what likely took place in the circuses of ancient Rome."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit