Is this how we want to be perceived?

by Joyzabel 45 Replies latest jw friends

• gravedancer
    gravedancer

I am a mean nasty SOB. Stay away from me.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

LOL @ gravedancer!

Well at least you are upfront about it! :-)

j2bf

• terafera
    terafera

Mango,
    Your post was exactly what I'm talking about. How can you label me a bigot? You dont even know me, much less have the ability to mark me with such an offensive title.

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

tera, sorry but being called a rapist or a molester (which YOU said gays are likely to be) is much more offensive than 'bigot'.
    people like you should be shot and pissed on!

how's that for mean?

(¯`·.¸the agents of oblivion descend upon the sane¸.·´¯)

• terafera
    terafera
    people like you should be shot and pissed on

And the sad thing is, when this happened to Matthew Shephard, you were probably the first one crying alligator tears....

hate is ugly girl... how do you think what you're saying is anything better than what I said?

And for your info, I never said gays were likely to rape or molest, I inferred that among homosexual men there was a high case of wanting young men, even boys. I am sure there are many that dont fit this scenario.

Whatever the case, I would never support murder or defecating on another human, I respect people too much, whatever their sexual preferance or opinions are.

• gravedancer
    gravedancer

I just want people to hate me equally.

• Farkel
    Farkel

gravedancer,

: I just want people to hate me equally.

That's my line. You stole it!

Farkel

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

tera, email.

(¯`·.¸the agents of oblivion descend upon the sane¸.·´¯)

• bigfloppydog
    bigfloppydog

I come for the true support from others. To read others posts, and try to be supportive, I have noticed some have been mean, maybe not wanting to, but some people put up a supportive wall around themselves, to avoid getting hurt. Some have already been hurt to many times. If a person gets verbally attacked, the natural thing is to attack back, and in doing so may say things they later feel they should have not. I agree that many need to try to be more kind. If I find that some are not so kind, I tend to stay away. I want to say a special hi to Joy2bfree, as I understand you where asking how I was since I have not been chatting for a while. I am fine and hope you are also. Thanks for thinking of me.

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

To all,

This is a much more peaceful place than it used to be. It is the great place to share and support.

Most of us admit it has not always been kind and supportive place. The violent spirit of the past has driven me away for months at a time.

But it takes a certain kind of person or a level of indifference to personal attacks to post on any public board. I hope that a large variety who hit the 'go' button an a search engine and come up with this site find it a comfortable place to discuss their JW experience.

The reality is that many who arrive here and even lurk here for years are afraid to participate in the discussions because of fear of attacks they "perceive" to be "mean".

The e-mail Joy2bfree refers to is real, from a person lurking hear for a long time. We can say to ourselves we are tired of tiptoeing around others and hiding what we really feel about matters and assert our right to speak our mind on issues. We are free to do that.

Some, however, may voluntarily limit their freedom. I for one try to do this. Gal 5:13 “For, dear brothers, you have been given freedom: not freedom to do wrong, but freedom to love and serve each other." TLB While I feel this scripture is appropriate, even I am reluctant to site scriptures on this board. Why?

Can we not try harder to differ in a kind way, respectfully, knowing that there a lot of timid people watching who might benefit from joining in the discussion without fear of less than kind responses?

Jst2laws

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit