Help me figure out what to say...I'm not usually at a loss for words

by Terry 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Ding
    Ding

I would say do more listening than talking.

If he is a man of integrity, he should be bothered by a number of things he has seen, especially the doctrinal flip-flops and false prophecies.

If you get into why you left the organization, tell him.

What have you got to lose?

• happy@last
    happy@last

I like Billy's suggestion, it can be read as a conversation starter by a thinking person, if he is still a thinking person!

• rebel8
    rebel8

Do what any worldly normal person would do when running into an old friend--talk about the good times.

• steve2
    steve2

Powerful story - he made quite a positive impression on you and contacting him seems important to you! Well, Terry, if he has access to this site, and is as humane as he appeared to be based on your account, perhaps he already knows your dilemma and wants to meet up with you?

• compound complex
    compound complex

Well, Terry, saw "you" on Tollie's page but nothing else!

CoCo

• mouthy
    mouthy

Yes I think Billy's suggestion is great.
    ME? what would I say?" Tollie Oh how great to find you. I think of you & all the kindness you did to me.
    You are one man I will never forget... And I am only a man. So I then think of Jesus words " I will never leave
    you or forsake you"I am SO happy to know your well. You were a really GREAT Teacher,but I find Jesus
    is my teacher now. But you will always be my mentor " Thanks again mate "

• AnneB
    AnneB
    I want him to know I have always loved him as a friend and admired him as a person of integrity.

Just say that, and not a word more....then WAIT.

AB

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Just be a friend. Tell him how much you have thought of him all these years, what you learned from him, what an amazing role model he was for you. Tollie sounds like an amazing human being.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Suppose he's no longer a witness but thinks you still are?

What Billy said and then mention that you have followed his standards and still read deeply as you have continued on a life long search for truth and honesty.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Seems to me, Terry, that such Elder is what every Elder within the JW's should be .... and if instead of company yes-men we would have elders of such caliber, the "organization" could be something entirely different today ....

Eden

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit