Help me figure out what to say...I'm not usually at a loss for words

by Terry 43 Replies latest jw friends

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

tell him what you just told us.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Terry - Your killin' me with the suspense - We have to have the end of this story !!!

If your laying down bets, I am betting this guy read Crisis of Conscience by Ray Franz and left because he sounds like an honest soul who really loves the actual truth and does not love a lie even, if it brought him prestige in the organization.

I am thinking his gaurdian angel was helping him, "The angel of the LORD encamps around those that fear him, and delivers them." (Psalm 34:7)

• Terry
    Terry

"He is retired. That's all I know."

Missionaries don't "retire." They either die of some disease, or die of old-age causes and impoverished in a branch, or they leave their assignments to get on with life.

It says on his Facebook page he was a Gilead Graduate and it lists LA PAZ, BOLIVIA.

He is 67 years old and I wonder how long he has been retire and for what reason?

I sent him a short note saying what I said above as suggested. We'll see what response I receive!

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Terry, I put his name into Mylife.com and it says that a 67 year old with that name lives in Granbury and previously lived in El Paso. Maybe that's him considering the odd name.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria
    I sent him a short note saying what I said above as suggested. We'll see what response I receive!

Just don't be hurt no matter what the response Terry. It's very sad when you are sincere, and you expect someone to respond in kind. Sometimes they just can't.

• steve2
    steve2

Keep us posted Terry!

• Listener
    Listener

I like Bob's suggestion.

Go into detail about the experiences that you learnt from him, recall specific incidences and explain how this made you feel. After 44 years he may have regretted some of his behaviour or thought that he could have handled things differently. Hopefully he will respond with his feelings about the past and from that you will easily see where he is at now and time can be very telling. This way you will have more insight into this man as he is today.

Go on to tell him where you stand today. He may not like it but he sounds like the sort of man that would respect you more for being upfront about it. Explain to him how you love to consider and research so many things and that you have a passion to share it with others and why.

Bring up just one area in which you have had great misgivings about in a particular teaching of the JWs. Don't choose a topic that you can clearly defend 100% or are totally confident with but choose one that mystifies you. I say that because he sounds like the type of guy that will reply but it may only be the once due to JW convictions holding him back and this way you will at least get some thoughts about an issue that has been puzzlying you and the opportunity may not come to you again.

• princecharmant
    princecharmant

Careful. He may be reading this board - and giggling at your dilemma...

pc

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

Terry,

Tollie shows up twice. I see where your photo is, but it looks like his other account is the active one. Go back and make sure that you try to connect with him there as well.

JV

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Keep up posted!

Coffee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit