TV Show, 'The Bible'

by LV101 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

If History Channel wants an accurate retelling of all the events in and out of the Bible, all they need is to air this.

Here's a pretty good overview of the NT in less than 10 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jYZsIpcVVg

• Pterist
    Pterist

Recording on Dish for later review.

• tec
    tec

I did not like it. Too much artistic licence - as is always the case. Too much dramatization of things that did not happen. (such as the samurai jack scene that Queenwitch alluded to above) I did not think I would like it, after seeing the previews. I never like these things. But hubby was keen on watching it so I watched it with him.

Peace,

tammy

• LV101
    LV101

Heard it's televised tonight on the Lifetime channel -- caught a few minutes and felt bad for Abraham's son, Ishtar, being sent away. Nice dad. No decision on the program until I can watch more than couple minutes. Read somewhere the producers' children did not want the series to be mundane/boring but for them to make it exciting.

Commercial for Catholic Church --- didn't catch the "we've changed" part. Unreal! Would love to hear the wacktower spew those words out -- if only.

• out4good3
    out4good3

I'm planning on watching it.. and alone. Whenever I watch anything on the history channel about anything from the bible, I get a narrative on how they have their facts wrong and what the bible really says. Whatever

Yeah...... I do too.

I was watching this show and at the beginning of the story of Moses, my JW wife took that opportune time to read aloud his biographical history to her JW mother on the phone.

I'm sitting there thinking really.........SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!

• rocketman
    rocketman

I watched it. It was OK, not great. They skipped over major stories as already mentioned, such as Joseph (one of the most compelling stories in the OT) and golden calf incident. They seemed to take some dramatic liberty, especially at Sodom with the Samuri Angels.

The best scene so far, to me, is Abraham's dialog with God as they looked upon Sodom.

I also liked how they portrayed God's voice. Not all booming and thunderous, just sounded like someone talking. The quieter tone and higher pitch actually seemed to enhance the seriousness of what God had to say.

• tec
    tec

I also liked how they portrayed God's voice. Not all booming and thunderous, just sounded like someone talking. The quieter tone and higher pitch actually seemed to enhance the seriousness of what God had to say.

That was the one thing I liked about the show.

Peace,

tammy

• Mum
    Mum

What was offensive to me was Abe's treatment of Hagar, the old "fu** 'em and forget 'em" routine. He said nothing to her, and expressed no gratitude for her going through the torture of childbirth for him. He just sent his own son and the woman who sacrificed significantly for him into the wilderness with a bunch of sentimental hogwash directed to the boy, but not a kind word for the mother.

• NoRegrets
    NoRegrets

I couldn't watch it for more than a bit either! I thought the narration was really corny and the accents of the actors really diminished from it. I remarked to my wife that I couldn't believe they would spend so much money on such a lame production. Too bad! I was excited to watch it but will not see anymore of it.

No Regrets

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit