TV Show, 'The Bible'

by LV101 38 Replies latest jw friends

• LV101
    LV101

Anyone planning to watch 'The Bible' TV show March 3 on The History Channel. Five episodes focusing on O/T and five about the N/T.

Any thoughts? Producers are team from "Survivor." Would like to know their source/research for producing this 10 part miniseries aimed at retelling the stories of the Bible for the young and old.

LV

• Nice_Dream
    Nice_Dream

Oh, I didn't realize it will be on the History Channel, thanks for posting that. I will probably watch it because it looks well done, and I still enjoy Bible stories.

• QueenWitch
    QueenWitch

I love stuff like this!

• Mum
    Mum

My second husband, never a JW, had a degree in history and religion. He taught Bible History in public school. His curriculum is at the link below, or google "Teacherweb Bible History," and the first link to appear will take you to his lesson plans, etc. In fact, my second husband knew more about the Bible than anyone else I ever met, including clergy AND JW's.

If you want to teach your children the Bible without religious indoctrinationb, I recommend that you print out these lesson plans, read the Bible with your children, and do the workbook assignments. Your children will not be the only ones who learn something.

If the curriculum seems simple-minded, remember it's for high school kids. Because Bible History was an elective, my ex told the school administrators to send him the worst students, and that they would learn in his class. He incorporated paragraph writing, geography and history into the course.

teacherweb .com/TN/BITS/ BibleHistory /h0.stm

Regards,

SandraC

• Sulla
    Sulla

They're playing it straight. By which I mean they are presenting the stories as they are written. So, for example, Goliath isn't a metaphorical giant but a real tall dude. I'm cool with that, really.

• Glander
    Glander

From all the clips I have seen it looks like a first class production. The stories are timeless. I might watch it.

• Gopher
    Gopher

For people who like this genre, it looks passable but won't be a classic along the lines of "The Ten Commandments" or "The Passion of the Christ".

From a critical perspective, most critics are not enthused. http://www.metacritic.com/tv/the-bible

It looks like the new show "The Vikings" on the History Channel is a better production. http://www.metacritic.com/tv/vikings

• Honeybucket
    Honeybucket

I'm planning on watching it.. and alone. Whenever I watch anything on the history channel about anything from the bible, I get a narrative on how they have their facts wrong and what the bible really says. Whatever

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Would be interesting if I had cable.

• Glander
    Glander

Ratt - have you checked into getting it on streaming internet?. Most TV shows are available after they have premiered.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit