TV Show, 'The Bible'

by LV101 38 Replies latest jw friends

• truthlover
    truthlover

Have my PVR ready to go and also taping the Vikings.. I love epic productions like this.. so hope it is good.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Wait, they still have shows about history on the History Channel? I thought all they had was ice road truckers and people digging through the garbage for junk.

• Sulla
    Sulla

RE: Ice Road Truckers. There's a scene in Breaking Bad where Walt asks Jesse what he does with his time. He tells him he watches IRT. "What's that?" "These truckers... drive on a road... made out of ice..."

Good times, good times...

• Gopher
    Gopher
    Wait, they still have shows about history on the History Channel? I thought all they had was ice road truckers and people digging through the garbage for junk.

Of course, they've turned into a channel that gives people what they want. Just like the one formerly called "The Learning Channel" now gives us Honey Boo-Boo.

Once in a while when the History Channel people think they have a show that will attract a good share of advertiser dollars like The Bible or The Vikings, they will air it on their main channel. All the traditional history programming (not quite so profitable) goes onto their 2nd network called H2.

• Black Man
    Black Man

Will check it out.

• LV101
    LV101

Is this something witnesses will watch? I've guests for dinner and really want to watch this but afraid something derogatory will fly out of my mouth. Bad enough I leave my Dawkins' books sitting out --- would you believe one time the "Magic of Reality" was opened up to about the page of the Jews/campfire-myth info and quickly slammed shut like a hot potatoe. Once the individual's breathing resumed I noticed another (maybe two!) mini-previews of the book took place. I literally saw the book closed like a hot potatoe the one time.

• Glander
    Glander

I think there may be a conflict. "Shallow, pampered housewives of Bevery Hills episode 5, "Should I get my boobs done again?" is playing the same time slut.

• LV101
    LV101

Glander --- FUNNY and you meant to type same time SLOT not "slut." Definitely could be competiton for the show.

• Glander
    Glander

Just watched the first hour. I'm done.

I hope a lot of believers watch it. Should be a thrill.

• earthfire
    earthfire

40 minutes in and I find it very annoying. Apparently in this version Lot isn't offering his daughters up. That story always pissed me off anyway but if you're doing a movie about The Bible, you might as well put it in. And why did Noah have a Scottish accent? When did Abraham beg Lot to stay?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit