Former Jehovah's Witnesses, will Jesus destroy all JW's when he comes to the Earth?

by Change Name 59 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pterist
    Pterist

*** What do you believe happens when one of Jehovah's Witnesses dies? Do they go to hell?***

****Hi Pterist - It does not really matter what I believe. My question asks what you believe.***

Hi Change Name, :)

Ok, I will try to answer your questions:

Well, I see three issues here, 1. is a label on a person as a JW, 2. the condition of a JW any person, after death, and 3. will a JW any person, go to hell, implying a final Judgement.

1. I don't believe Jehovah deals with people as belonging to an exclusive group, denomination or label. It is true Jehovah dealt with Israel under the old covenant as A NATION, however as Eziekel foretold at 18:20 "a PERSONAL responsibility" Romans 14:12, Jehovah holds the whole WORLD, individually accountable to him. Romans 2:6-16

2. The condition of a person who belongs to the WBTS religion after death: If he or she is born of Gods Spirit and was sanctified in this life They will be transferred to eternal/immortal conditions, as specified in his eternal plan before the creation Ephesians 1:5, revelation 20:1-6...

If they were fleshly, in their original Adamic nature, they will sleep until final judgement by Jesus, at the end of this gospel age, Revelation 20:11-15

3. The eternal Judgment: NOBODY has the authority to make this judgement on someone else. That privilege was earned by Jesus as he overcame sin, satan and death. (We may be corrected about our ungodly life style based on in a true spirit of love and the law of Christ) however, There is no church, religion, group of men that has this authority only Christ. James 2:12, 4:11-12...

Most assuredly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God; and those who hear will live. For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has granted the Son to have life in Himself, and has given Him authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of Man.John5

And now, why don't you answer the same question about me, I left the WBTS, because their foundation of authority was/is based on dates proved to be incorrect and the few good doctrines that they have, were NOT exclusive to them but came from the Adventist movement. I try To live a Godly life in his strength and rely on the free gift of righteousness, not my own to worship in Spirit and Truth. Romans 5:16, 10:3

Shalom

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

No because the Jesus you are talking about ain't going anywhere he's dead jim he's dead.

As far as hell is concerned that is an unscientific beleif that belongs soley to the ranks of Mythology and the study of human consciousness generated symbols and their meaning, and not to be taken literally by educated people but only the gulible and child like.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

If you have read many threads on this site, you would realise your question is senseless.

Former Jehovah's Witnesses is not a religion. "It" does not have a creed. Former Jehovah's Witnesses share one common belief that the Watchtower teachings are false, and then continue on their spiritual journey.

There would be very few on here that believe in hell. Many here are atheist, and so think the end for JW's and non-JW's is the same. Those that believe in God and an afterlife are too aware of the history of religion to believe in a bigotted God that only saves the few that were born in a location conducive of joining any one single religion.

• Eve Deceived
    Eve Deceived

Well said jwfacts!

Name Change: As far as your question to "former witnesses," this is an unanswerable question. Why? Well, I know this may be hard for you to comprehend, but we are all I-N-D-I-V-I-D-U-A-L-S. I know this is a difficult concept to grasp since you are in a cult and think as a "collective" or what you would describe as "united in thought." I shudder at that thought because it's more like communism: people are striped of all individuality and forced to think the same and uphold the same values/thoughts/actions that are forced upon everyone by the "good-natured" and "well-intended leader(s)."

Anyway, as far as what I KNOW, as an individual with my OWN thoughts/opinions and conclusions: I know that if anyone tells me what will happen to ANYONE after death, I will dismiss them as a mere loneytoon because it is all imaginary. NO ONE knows what will happen to us after death beyond the decay of the physical body and brain (that is what you would call PROVEN by FACTS and EVIDENCE). Anything beyond that is speculation. Plain and simple.

By the way, your threads lack any depth, but I guess it's my fault for expecting anything more of a jw. Nice try, I guess, now move along...and have a nice day.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I've never been a JW. Am I permitted to give my opinion?

• Resistance is Futile
    Resistance is Futile
    What do you believe happens when one of Jehovah's Witnesses dies? Do they go to hell?

Just like Charles Russell, I find the concept of a literal Hell to be disgusting and contrary to the idea of a loving God.

I believe that when JW's die they enter a state of non-existence, essentially they're in the same exact condition they existed in before they were born.

Name Change, I answered your questions. Would you be so kind as to answer mine?

Do you agree with the Watchtower's current teaching on who will be destroyed at Armageddon? If you do, my next question is: Why would Jehovah God murder babies at Armageddon, babies that simply aren't physically able of comprehending the message of Jehovah's Kingdom and therefore incapable of accepting or rejecting that message? I'm aware of the fact that you've only been studying Watchtower teachings for two years, but I'm still sincerely interested in your opinion on this issue.

Do you feel that killing children and babies is something that a loving God would do? If so, please explain.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Fear Not - even the ultra conservative Mennonites have decided Hell is symbolic 'separation' from God in some vaguley defined spirit world that is non-material and has no literal fire. Jesus said he came to save the world not judge it. Thats why they call him Savior. Read the Book of John, like it was a regular book and try not to bring any pre-conceived WT doctrine with you. God sees people in ways we cannot, and he doesn't divide people according to our way of thinking. Look around you and see the sky, the trees, the animals, the ocean, the wonder of it all.

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, .... Through many dangers, toils and snares.. we have already come. Twas Grace that brought us safe thus far... and Grace will lead us home. ... I was blind but now I see.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I am an active JW. Saying that a Creator who is love, would destroy all JW's when he returns is pretty silly. The entire subject is really pointless. No human being has the right to judge if someone is worthy of eternal life or death. I would personally rather be dead than to worship a God who would destroy millions of persons for an honest mistake. Will Jesus, who values mercy above sacrifice, execute billions just because they never heard of the Watchtower? NO.

I say, NO. He will not destroy all JW's because they may not be doing everything right, or are being misled.

I believe that when Christ does return, all honest people will be thrilled because Christ wants all to gain life. Even atheists will be thrilled because they will get all their questions answered during the restoration of all things.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Some of you were very mean in how you answered.

Look out guys! He/She's serious.

To answer your question, no.

Will Jesus come to Earth, no.

What happens when JW's die? They decompose.

Do JW's have special knowledge? No.

What are your chances of not being made a fool of on this site? 2,987,768,665,980,405,564,345,129,876 to 1

• Eve Deceived
    Eve Deceived

I have to agree with you on that, DATA-DOG, assuming that Christ returns, I, as an atheist, would be thrilled indeed.

Just curious, is that all I will get? I mean, in no way am I not appreciatative of getting all my questions answered...I mean, hands-down, that will be the most awesome thing that will ever happen to me, and I suppose I could then die very happy. But I am wondering if I will still be condemned by him for him not being a very good communicator in the first place? I mean, all these religions/splinter groups/holy books...is it too much to ask that god just be a little bit clearer so human kind can all be on the same page? I mean, he's powerful enough to show us that he exists and "a, b, and c" is the proper way to worship him -- he could spell this out for us in the clouds alone...I'm pretty sure he could send us powerful messages through a number of mediums (no, not the pyschic kind)...why be so vague and leave different holy books around with archaic language that is hard for the modern person to understand/appreciate? I don't feel comfortable relying on second-hand accounts from people that seem a bit whack at times. I mean just because these books are old doesn't mean they are inspired of god, do they? I mean, we don't do or think the same way as that of our ancestors -- we have moved on and become more advanced and more intelligent by building off of other people's knowledge and insight, so why rely on any book that is ancient...it is just because it's ancient that gives it weight? That doesn't make sense to me. As an aside, I do forgive Jesus for being a poor communicator since he is a man, and we all know men struggle a bit in the communication (or lack thereof) department...I tease.

DATA-DOG, I need the answers to my pressing questions...must I wait on Christ????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit